Thread: Question about 10.04 Release Candidate

Beans

Question about 10.04 Release Candidate

I'm going to upgrade to 10.04 and since the final version is not ready for a few more days, I am thinking of installing the Release Candidate.

If I do install the Release Candidate, will I still have to install the Final Version once it's released or will there be some kind of automatic update available when it's hits May 1st that will upgrade the Release Candidate to the Final Version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Question about 10.04 Release Candidate

Nope, the RC will update itself to the release once that's out (through the package manager). You'll just have to download and install it once and then the updates will roll in.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmurdoch View Post
    If I do install the Release Candidate, will I still have to install the Final Version once it's released or will there be some kind of automatic update available when it's hits May 1st that will upgrade the Release Candidate to the Final Version?
    No you won't need to install again unless you wanted to. The full release is the 29th April, by using Update Manager you will probably have the full release before most people

Beans

thanks guys.