Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome Autofill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Chrome Autofill

I can't find a function in Chrome for filling forms when you are say, buying something, there needs to be a place where you can fill your name, address and other corresponding info so you can click autofill and it will fill all the applicable spaces, an example would be the Google Bar that you can install in FF, you have an autofill button and all you do is click and the form is filled, I still fail to see where under options in Chrome this function is available, I may be missing something or it may not be available in Chrome at this time.....BTW the autofill for browsing works fine. If anyone knows how to make this work or if there's an extension I can use please post. THX

Beans

Re: Chrome Autofill

Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xumuk37 View Post
    goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...
    Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...

Beans

I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by theubersmurf View Post
    Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link
    Thx but those exts don't do what I would need, thanks for your suggestion.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by renkinjutsu View Post
    I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue
    I see your point, and you are right it seems to only save passwords (which I don't do), but I wanted to find a way where I could save my personal info to speed up the buying process specifically, I'm used to autofill function on the Google bar in FF for example and it is very convenient if you do alot of web commerce. THX

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xumuk37 View Post
    it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...
    It hasn't worked that way for me. THX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by jnmjr View Post
    Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?
    In that menu, click on "Change autofill Settings" and there you will have options to add an address (name, city, etc) or a credit card. Is that what you want?
    Ubuntu User number # 27895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast