Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Chrome Autofill

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EastCoast USA
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Chrome Autofill

    I can't find a function in Chrome for filling forms when you are say, buying something, there needs to be a place where you can fill your name, address and other corresponding info so you can click autofill and it will fill all the applicable spaces, an example would be the Google Bar that you can install in FF, you have an autofill button and all you do is click and the form is filled, I still fail to see where under options in Chrome this function is available, I may be missing something or it may not be available in Chrome at this time.....BTW the autofill for browsing works fine. If anyone knows how to make this work or if there's an extension I can use please post. THX

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    22

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EastCoast USA
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Quote Originally Posted by xumuk37 View Post
    goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...
    Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    519

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

    it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EastCoast USA
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Quote Originally Posted by theubersmurf View Post
    Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link
    Thx but those exts don't do what I would need, thanks for your suggestion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EastCoast USA
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Quote Originally Posted by renkinjutsu View Post
    I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

    it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue
    I see your point, and you are right it seems to only save passwords (which I don't do), but I wanted to find a way where I could save my personal info to speed up the buying process specifically, I'm used to autofill function on the Google bar in FF for example and it is very convenient if you do alot of web commerce. THX

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    EastCoast USA
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Quote Originally Posted by xumuk37 View Post
    it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...
    It hasn't worked that way for me. THX.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arad, Romania
    Beans
    821
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Chrome Autofill

    Quote Originally Posted by jnmjr View Post
    Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?
    In that menu, click on "Change autofill Settings" and there you will have options to add an address (name, city, etc) or a credit card. Is that what you want?
    Ubuntu User number # 27895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •