Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not Sycing Tomboy Notes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Not Sycing Tomboy Notes

Hi,

I too cannot sync tomboy. It does not work with Ubuntu or with my windows machine. It worked just fine until yesterday. PM (5/8/12).

My gues it is either a problem with Tomboy or the server.

Cheers,

David

Beans

The Tomboy version I'm using with Ubuntu 10.04 is 1.2.2

I checked the Tomboy homepage and found that a new version had been released on April 16, 2012, "Stable version 1.10.1", and that it fixes the following and more: "
    -Support for latest Firefox versions
    -Updated 256x256 icon for GNOME 3
    -Sync improvements and fixes "

The download is a file "tomboy-1.10.1.tar.xz" There aren't any instructions on exactly how to install it.

I'm hoping it will fix the sync problem. Does anyone know what to do with this file?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm having the same problem after just installing 12.04. Tomboy fails to Sync my notes and there is nothing in the Details box. It was working prior to my 12.04 fresh install.
    the.scarecrow Bitcoin donations 1ALDAQXqA2GMLvsGULAsQVKHTQroGdmcSX
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Beans
    Distro

Same problem here on Windows, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 11.10. I've got Tomboy 1.6.0 installed on Windows, Tomboy 1.10.1 installed on Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm not sure about what version I've got on Ubuntu 11.10, though I think it's 1.8.3. Either way, I don't think it's a Tomboy issue as I ran Tomboy from the command line and am getting an "error: (500) INTERNAL SERVER ERROR," which is a standard web server error. I did this for each system/version I'm using and received basically the same error. Hopefully it gets fixed relatively soon as I use it pretty extensively for school.

markMDW - that file is a compressed archive containing the source code for Tomboy. I tried compiling it in Windows (uhg) and it compiled (had to do the sync add-on as well), but the results were the same. If you want to compile it, I suggest heading here: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Developers
    Last edited by pmunly; May 10th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro

good morning,

Well a miricle has occurred. Tomboy now syncs. Server problem?

I have run into thisproblem before and it gets resolved eventually. it is too bad because I use this for many of my experimental note taking. I export all of my notes (important ones anyway) to html format frequently as a backup.

Cheers,
    D

Beans

It's also syncing for me again. I guess it was the server causing all the fuss. Thanks for everyone posting messages

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

YAY! its working for me to. So wasn't anything to do with me installing 12.04.
    the.scarecrow Bitcoin donations 1ALDAQXqA2GMLvsGULAsQVKHTQroGdmcSX
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123