Thread: Coming (back) to South Dakota

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Coming (back) to South Dakota

I am just here to say hello to all in South Dakota. I will be coming back to South Dakota this July after living in North Carolina for nearly 20 years.

I am retiring from the Marine Corps after 20 years this summer, and my family and I are coming back to Sioux Falls. I grew up there, my wife grew up here in North Carolina. Except for about 3 and half years, we have lived here in Eastern Carolina since mar 1991.

I am excited to go back home, and hope to meet some of you up there when we get there. Have a good time, and don't get in trouble.

Aaron
    "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

Registered Linux User #495248 / Registered Ubuntu User #28596

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Coming (back) to South Dakota

Ooh-rah! Marine.

Thanks for your service. I remember my days as a Corpsman with the 6th Marines fondly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

DOC!! Good to hear from a corpsman. When was the last time you were called 'doc'?
    "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

Registered Linux User #495248 / Registered Ubuntu User #28596

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

"Doc." Been a long time. From the Colonel down to Privates, that's what we were called. Made me feel special. I loved my time with the grunts.

When I got my orders for Camp Swampy, I was a bit dismayed. After my "C" school at Camp Johnson, I was assigned to Fox 2/6 and it quickly became home and I thanked my detailer every day for those orders. Romping thru
    the swamp, repelling out of helicopters, and playing poker in the barracks sure beat the hell out of changing bedpans at Philadelphia Naval Hospital.

Good Luck to you and your bride in South Dakota.