Thread: Beta 2 to RC Upgrade?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beta 2 to RC Upgrade?

All,

I'm wondering if I just updated packages on my system, installed something completely different, or if I did do a fine upgrade to the RC. Here's what I was trying to do:

1. I was trying to upgrade to Kubuntu 10.04 RC from Beta 2. I ran update-manager --devel-release and it gave regular update packages and stated about a partial upgrade. I decided not to do the partial upgrade and closed the window. I forgot about doing the upgrade that way so I opened a terminal and typed in: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade - and it downloaded and installed a variety of new packages - the same thing update-manager --devel-release wanted to do. So do I have the RC or something else or just beta 2 and updated packages? I'm not sure, I now have kernel 21 instead of 19. Uname -a shows kernel date of april 16th vs april 1st. SO I dunno. What have I done, everything is working?
    Where's [slooksterpsv] been? - I had Catastrophic partition alignment failure. I lost 90%+ of my data, and just now got it back fixed and working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Beta 2 to RC Upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by slooksterpsv View Post
    All,

I'm wondering if I just updated packages on my system, installed something completely different, or if I did do a fine upgrade to the RC. Here's what I was trying to do:

1. I was trying to upgrade to Kubuntu 10.04 RC from Beta 2. I ran update-manager --devel-release and it gave regular update packages and stated about a partial upgrade. I decided not to do the partial upgrade and closed the window. I forgot about doing the upgrade that way so I opened a terminal and typed in: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade - and it downloaded and installed a variety of new packages - the same thing update-manager --devel-release wanted to do. So do I have the RC or something else or just beta 2 and updated packages? I'm not sure, I now have kernel 21 instead of 19. Uname -a shows kernel date of april 16th vs april 1st. SO I dunno. What have I done, everything is working?
    You have beta 2 with updated packages, which is the rc.