Thread: Official Ubuntu CDs For the cost of a stamp and an Envelope

Beans

Official Ubuntu CDs For the cost of a stamp and an Envelope

Yes, I have some ubuntu discs available to whoever wants them (in the UK). I can't pay the postage for you or give you a jiffy bag for nothing.

I have x86, amd64 and mac versions available.

You have 2 options;

1. Go to http://www.tuxdiscs.com and click the link referring to ubuntu discs on the homepage.

2. Send a self addressed and stamped envelope (big enough to fit the discs in!) to me and I will send you a set for nothing. The postal address is on the contact page on the above website.

If selecting option 2, please pm me before so that I can makesure I have enough discs for you before you send your envelope.

I trust this post will not unsettle anybody like my previous jailed post did!

Thank you for your time and good day!

Vince

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Official Ubuntu CDs For the cost of a stamp and an Envelope

Why would people pay you when they can get them free from Ubuntu's main page?
    Good at writing shell scripts? Know anything about GTK programming?
    Help out a new project at http://www.s-online.org/labels/About.html

Beans

Doh.

I am not being paid, c'mon I am asking people to cover the postage cost only!

I am giving up my time and energy to do it.

I am aware people know they can get the discs free on ship it, but some people are impatient and don't want to wait.

You seem to be making out that I am trying to profiteer from this. I don't think so buddy - do the math! Option 1 and 2 both cost me time and enery for zero profit.

In actual fact... I am starting to wish I never bothered offering to do this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pixelPOET
    Why would people pay you when they can get them free from Ubuntu's main page?
    Many people would pay postage to get a copy in a few days instead of a month or more. It is not unreasonable to ask for postage to ship you a official Ubuntu CD. In fact there are companies out there that press their own Ubuntu CD's and sell them for a profit for that very reason. I think this is a great value for those that live in the UK.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans

its legal to make ur own ubuntu cds and sell them ? sounds odd..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Felix21685
    its legal to make ur own ubuntu cds and sell them ? sounds odd..
    "Legally free to copy, modify and redistribute".

In other words, it's legal to sell Ubuntu CDs.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by beardo
    In actual fact... I am starting to wish I never bothered offering to do this.
    Don't feel this way. I feel your offer is very valuable and not very different from what I'd do.
    Linux user #249404 - September 1997
    http://nocturn.vsbnet.be - RSS

Before executing any commands, make sure you kow what they mean, read this first!