Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Beans

Cool Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Here is my config
    dima@dima-laptop:~$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    ondemand
    ondemand
    ondemand
    ondemand

Ubuntu can live around 2 hours in normal use (film, coding etc.)
    this information based on my own experience

Beans

Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Quote Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
    1) SOUND: speakers do not mute when headphones are plugged in. I guess we need to add to this file "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" a line similar to "options snd-hda-intel model=xxx" NOT WORKING FOR ME TOO
    Can anyone help me? Thanks in advanced

Beans

Exclamation Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Does anyone reported these bugs on lunchpad? I didn't see anything similar to Lucid there

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I just found a solution to mute the speakers when headphones are plugged in. See this thread, post 131

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...043568&page=14

I only compiled using g++ instead of gcc

Update: see instructions in the first post.
    Last edited by jsevi83; April 28th, 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

On this thread it is suggested a solution for hdmi sound, see post 12. I still couldn't try that.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9178419

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

jsevi83 - you shouldn't need the hda-verb program to get the speakers muting just the script that xtrman posted. Should make the steps a bit simpler.

I installed both as well but found it still works after I'd removed the hda-verb binary.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Guys, I compiled the script, run it and this helped me to solve that annoying problem with sound!
    xtrman - is the master! Thanks a lot to everyone!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I already updated the instructions. Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well, lucid has been finally released. Does anyone have any news on the initial problems we had? It seems that suspend and hdmi sound are the main issues now. Also the battery life seems to be not good enough.

I noticed some of you are using the 32bit version instead of the 64bit. Is there any reason for this? This is the first time I use ubuntu 64bit (since I bought this laptop), and went straight for it and didn't try the 32bit version on this laptop.

Now (after a week) I can say I already had three or four times a system freeze while doing "nothing special". That's already more than I had with my previous laptop using karmic 32bit for 6months. I don't know if this is related to the 64bit version, or to the new intel i5 core, or the integrated intel graphic card, ...

Could you share your experience about this? I also noticed that with lucid 64bit the amount of ram used on startup is much higher than in my desktop, with lucid 32bit. I am starting to doubt if I should try installing lucid 32bit or stick to my current fresh installation. Would I be able to used my 4GB of ram?

Beans

Hi! jsevi83!
    Well as Lucid released there were a lot of updates, but these updates have hot fixed a least one of the problem, the battery life is still not good...

As for 64 bit vs. 32 bit I use 32 bit version of Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, because 64 programs, system uses more RAM (2x) its the only reason i used 32 bit.

I haven't any freezes while doing nothing or something special..

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast