Just curious, did anyone install the newly released 11.10?
If so, any feedback would be much appreciated!
I upgraded from 11.04 64-bit to 11.10 64-bit yesterday, the issues or disappointing things I've experienced so far are the following:
- webcam on Firefox doesn't work anymore. I installed from Software Centre flash player 11 (so 64-bit). Now when I go on cam sites (eg. ubiqq.com) the popup asking for cam access permissions is showing up, but it doesn't work and I can't choose any option.
- compiz seems slow: the flickering windows feature is activated but works only after a few number of times shaking of a window.
- I'm not sure, but backlight screen and volume settings are not saved when you shutdown the computer.
- System monitor closes slowly and sometimes hangs up.
- I can't calibre the colors of my laptop screen nor the webcam from system settings-> color. (but is not necessary)
- Installing Openjdk JDK 7 installs also the 6th version... is it normal?
- why the hell I can't choose the startup application anymore? it shows up only ubuntu one...
- I can't figure out anymore how to set some personal wallpapers changing with time.
- this is from 11.04: Rhythmbox isn't installed but on dash it's still showed with a white icon. How to remove it?
First post updated with instructions for Ubuntu Oneiric 11.10. Fixes are easy and fast to apply, I'm sure in Windows you will have some different issues more time consuming (for those of you complaining about issues not even present in Ubuntu).
Sorry but I cannot test hibernation. I never use it so I don't have a swap partition. Maybe someone else can help with that.
There is a bug report for the three finger tap issue here:
I added a startup application with the following commands to adjust some touchpad settings (maybe it helps someone):
xinput set-int-prop "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" "Synaptics Tap Action" 8 0 0 0 0 1 2 3
synclient SingleTapTimeout=300; synclient MaxDoubleTapTime=300; synclient MaxTapTime=300; synclient FingerLow=10; synclient FingerHigh=15
synclient PalmDetect=1; synclient PalmMinWidth=5; synclient PalmMinZ=150
Last edited by jsevi83; October 15th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
perlon, I can confirm some of the issues:
- Screen brightness is not saved.
- I cannot apply the color profiles (icm files) taken from Splendid utility (from Windows, you can download them from Asus). Is it just me?
- Gnome system monitor closes slowly (but doesn't hang up).
About the startup applications, check this:
Thanks jsevi83 for that fix, it works.
Now the first issues I'd like to solve are the webcam in FF (but I contacted adobe for this) and the screen brightness and audio state that are not saved.