Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Yes, it will work out of the box, it is almost the same model. On the first post you can find the problems you will find and their solutions.

Beans

hi there

new bios rev. 218
    Fix: The system couldn't enter Easy Flash in BIOS Setup menu's "Easy Flash" item.
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...KDH9D27XPNf4u9

I'll try it in a couple of week

Beans

The speakers don't mute when the headphones are plugged in and the microphone doesn't seem to work at all. I tried the solution for the sound (in the first post) and got this. I have kernel 2.6.39 and an asus k52f
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LoganDimond; August 17th, 2011 at 07:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

What version of ubuntu are you using? I think you mixed solutions from older versions. Read again the first post, for ubuntu natty 11.04 sound is working out of the box.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
    What version of ubuntu are you using? I think you mixed solutions from older versions. Read again the first post, for ubuntu natty 11.04 sound is working out of the box.
    I have natty 11.04 ubuntu studio.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LoganDimond View Post
    I have natty 11.04 ubuntu studio.
    In Ubuntu Natty 11.04 sound should work out of the box without issues. If it doesn't in your case I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you.

Beans

Hello everyone,

this thread has been a life saver for me I want to thank everyone of you guys and especially the creator, THANK YOU!

Also this is my first post here

I have a couple of questions if you guys can help or point me to the right direction, and yes i know you've heard this like a million times but I am too a n00b in the linux os, so... ok my first question concerns skype... the solution does not work it keeps showing upside down and the only way i can do the cam chat thing is using the share screen option from skype and opening a different program like cheese, if you have any suggestions ill be happy to try, and also something that i dont know if i should be posting here, but anyway, before going to 11.04 i was on 10.10, i was using xbmc to watch my movies etc, and had a hard time settings up the hdmi of HD5470 giving me the 5.1 sound to my receiver, i had managed that by typing $ aplay -L and finding the plughw option, copied and pasted in the audio settings of xbmc using custom option and it worked, now it does not... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice and corrections and thanks again for the woderfull work!

Keep up the good work

Mordan

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am now running 11.10 with 0 problems in sound or camera... skype or no skype. Just a thought.
    Pax Vobiscum
    ...mark

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rabideau View Post
    I am now running 11.10 with 0 problems in sound or camera... skype or no skype. Just a thought.
    Thank you for the very quick response my friend

So are you talking about 11.10 x64? If yes I'll download right away.

again thank you

Mordan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Ubuntu 11.10 is not stable yet. I am using 11.04 64bit and everything works great. The webcam in skype works as expected with this command:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

If that is not working you could check if the terminal shows any error. Also you can check that lib32v4l-0 is installed.

About the sound: open the sound preferences and select HDMI output in the hardware tab. Then you select 5.1 in totem, vlc, gnome-mplayer, etc. and that's it.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast