Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

I have no problems to eject the cd pressing the side button. But I have some problems with the left button of the touchpad, which many times doesn't work and I have to press it again and again and then it works.

Beans

So the webcam fix doesn't work.

I even tried downloading the latest tarball from the devs upstream and configuring it... no dice. I'd be tempted to break into the case and flip it back upright, but then it wouldn't work properly in Win7...

I have an Asus A52J, and the cam is a Syntek 174f:1120.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

If your webcam is still upside down, you should contact Hans > hdegoede@redhat.com . He will add your model to the list of upside down models, so in the next release it will be solved.

Beans

Talking Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

Good to know that there is this thread here that summarized ubuntu problems.

I was trying to fix my cam but then the fix was not enough. So I looked for simpler way to get it done. I also looked into hans solution but it wasn't able to fix my problem. So figure out on my on and look into imports. And that was it. Visit my article and read on it. I made simple scripts for running skype and cheese with properly working camera.

I write a simple article on how I fixed my inverted asus camera. You guys might wanna try this too.

Beans

Angry Re: Asus K52 / Asus A52

I run commands:
    echo "options psmouse force_elantech=1" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf
    sudo rmmod psmouse && sudo modprobe psmouse

and now my touchpad isnt working anymore

synclient -l
    Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?

Can you help me please

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

teddybar, are you using kernel 2.6.34 or newer? This solution doesn't work for kernels below 2.6.34.

You could try to run again "sudo rmmod psmouse && sudo modprobe psmouse"
    Otherwise reboot. If it still doesn't work, open the file /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf and erase this line > options psmouse force_elantech=1
    Last edited by jsevi83; August 21st, 2010 at 11:52 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
    teddybar, are you using kernel 2.6.34 or newer? This solution doesn't work for kernels below 2.6.34.

You could try to run again "sudo rmmod psmouse && sudo modprobe psmouse"
    Otherwise reboot. If it still doesn't work, open the file /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf and erase this line > options psmouse force_elantech=1
    Thx very much, is working now, but i have another problem, my internal microphone isnt working

I have Asus K52J
    Last edited by teddybar; August 22nd, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
    I just added ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa to my repositories, and installed linux-alsa-driver-modules and linux-headers-alsa-driver. After a reboot I get new channels in alsamixer, also new hardware in the pulseaudio volume applet.

That might have solved the problems with hdmi sound, but I cannot test it right now, I will have to wait till tomorrow. What I can confirm is that now I have four input sources, and any of them is working, so my microphone became useless. Also, when I plug my headphones the speakers are still sounding, but now sound is not coming out of my headphones (as it did before).

I don't know if I should start trying again different options in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf like "options snd-hda-intel model=xxx"

Does anyone now if it is possible to apply the changes without rebooting?
    @ JSEVI83,

Hello, I read your tip about the also backports. Thanks for it, it worked. Now I have sound output over HDMI. I really like my new ASUS K52Jc, but the whole hybrid hardware thing is big downside. Or maybe the kernels needs to be optimisted for the new hardware that is on the market. Anyways, thanks for the tip and if you have more tips from me please send them to me. Really appreciated.

Gtz Theprodejeff

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've just upgraded my kernel to the version 2.6.35-02063504-generic (from kernel mainline).
    Sadly there is no linuxant alsa driver available for this kernel version and my headphone output didn't work after upgrade. By googling I found the following solution which imo is way better than installing linuxant alsa driver:

1. Create file /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=ideapad
    2. Reboot (or reload snd-hda-intel)

Now headphone output is working again. Maybe this solution will work with older kernel versions too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I just tried that and it worked. But now I cannot select my input source, and only the external microphone is working. The internal microphone is not working. Any ideas? I also think this solution is better than linuxant.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast