Thread: Sim City 3000 Unlimited glibc 2.1 issue

Beans

Angry Sim City 3000 Unlimited glibc 2.1 issue

Hi everyone. I am running Karmic, just to get that out of the way.

I just got a copy of SC3KU for Linux. I tried installing it every way I can find but always get the same error:

Code:
    This installation doesn't support glibc-2.1 on Linux / x86
    I tried the loki installer from here: http://www.liflg.org/
    The Loki Installer starts fine but won't recognize the cd when in the cdrom. It doesn't recognize a mounted iso either.

I have a feeling that it would be a relatively easy change to the code of setup.sh to have it see the newer version of glibc rather than fail, but I just don't know what needs to change. I'm happy to provide any information that anyone might need.

It's so frustrating because I have read some people get it working just fine! Thanks in advance for any help at all! I'm at your mercy!

Beans

Re: Sim City 3000 Unlimited glibc 2.1 issue

Ok, I think it might be that the iso image I burned is not the right name for the installer to recognize? Is there a way to specify a title for a burned iso disc? I beleive this would all wrap up nicely if the loki installer would just recognize the damn cd, but so far... nada.

Beans

So... I used iso master to copy and make a new iso image, burned that to disk but I noticed the title was not there. It read as just blank. I am completely at a loss. I'm also a little surprised the multitude of gamers on here have not yet weighed in. I guess I'm being impatient, but... geez? surely someone got this gd game to work and can help out a little?

Beans

Psssh. It's pointless. I've tried every single lead, tip, HOWTO, guide, installer and trick I can find for more than 7 hours. It's really amazing to me that this is such a difficult install with a native linux release. As it stands, I'm going to just set up a dual boot machine with xp, which is absolutely ridiculous, but... there it is.

Why, oh why can't we just have simple, straightforward gaming on linux? I HATE the fact that I have to use a POS M$ product, but I don't really have much choice. what's really silly is that I really only play 2 games: Civ and Simcity... neither will work with Ubuntu no matter what I try.

*sigh* I won't have the system redone until probably later this week. If anyone, ANYONE has any ideas on how to make the vercakta SC3U run, pleeeease let me know.

Beans

Since I've done this installer I'll try to help out. But please let us do this in the liflg forum. Debugging liflg installer should not be done here.
    Last edited by rettichschnidi; April 21st, 2010 at 04:10 PM.