Thread: Serval (Karmic) Email Client / Exchange 5.5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Serval (Karmic) Email Client / Exchange 5.5

Hi,

I am increasingly using my Serval Karmic laptop for both development and business purposes.

We are using Exchange 5.5 for our email server, and we have no resources to modify the native service. We also have OWA enabled.

The current Evolution email client application does not work with Exchange 5.5 OWA with its exchange connector plugin.

I need an email client with email, calendar, and contacts capabilities with Exchange 5.5. Running Outlook on a VMWare environment is not an option as it does not perform well.

What are my options? I refuse to believe that I'm the only person with this problem.
    James
    --
    System76 Serval(SERP5), Quadcore Q9000, 8GB DDR3, 1920x1200

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Serval (Karmic) Email Client / Exchange 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by jpongin View Post
    Hi,

I am increasingly using my Serval Karmic laptop for both development and business purposes.

We are using Exchange 5.5 for our email server, and we have no resources to modify the native service. We also have OWA enabled.

The current Evolution email client application does not work with Exchange 5.5 OWA with its exchange connector plugin.

I need an email client with email, calendar, and contacts capabilities with Exchange 5.5. Running Outlook on a VMWare environment is not an option as it does not perform well.

What are my options? I refuse to believe that I'm the only person with this problem.
    microsoft is to be commended, they've developed a mail standard that is compatible with NOTHING, at least the last time I looked around.
    If you find something, please post

jdb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jdb View Post
    microsoft is to be commended, they've developed a mail standard that is compatible with NOTHING, at least the last time I looked around.
    If you find something, please post

jdb
    Yeah, I run a VM at work solely to run Outlook and Visio. Performance shouldn't be a problem through as my VM is running with 768 MB RAM just fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and just run WMWare Workstation 7. This just seems like a completely unnecessary workaround. If only Evolution could...
    James
    --
    System76 Serval(SERP5), Quadcore Q9000, 8GB DDR3, 1920x1200

Beans

I wonder if you could load wine, then load MS-Office, which includes Outlook.

yep, it's kinda lame, but not worse (IMHO ) then running a VM of a whole other OS. I did get MS-Office 2003 running in wine once-upon-a-time. Never tested Oulook pointing to Exchange.

Reid

Beans