Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on MacBookPro7,1

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on MacBookPro7,1

Anyone know how to add/compile aufs in kernel? I noticed there is a directory `ubuntu/aufs` in `linux-headers-2.6.32-21-generic` thats probably what we need?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes, you'll need to compile with aufs. Dunno how you do it, I've never done it.

What I've done to do testing, is that I've installed Ubuntu to a 4GB USB stick. Then I've installed the newest kernel and stuff.

The only things you need to remeber is to boot this on the MBP, you'll need to have a LiveCD in the CD Drive, boot from that, and in the boot menu for Ubuntu, select boot from first harddisk.

Also, the USB stick must be in the same USB port that you had it in when you installed Ubuntu to it, because it seems like the aft port always becomes sdb and the front port always becomes sdc.

Beans

Just got my MBP7,1 and I have the same issues. Glad I'm not alone here. I'll start testing out new kernels as they come out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Is there any news about other hardware (eg, wifi) in it working? Is that testable at this stage?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wifi works with restricted drivers (Broadcom STA drivers).

It seems (as far as I've seen) with the LiveCD, that CPU scaling/fan control isn't working properly. When I use the LiveCD, the CPU seems to be running on max, without any fan control, thus the computer being really hot.

Also, all of the hotkeys aren't working in the LiveCD, but we'll probably be able to debug that once we got a running system installed.

Beans

I'd recommend that anyone who wishes to be kept up-to-date on this issue should subscribe to the relevant bug report (that grapz created):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/576601/

Beans

Hey,

are there some new news?

Beans

Back at post #37 kosumi68 said that this was solved, right?

If you install the DKMS module in post #33, are you able to see your drives (at least with fdisk -l)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kswan View Post
    Back at post #37 kosumi68 said that this was solved, right?

If you install the DKMS module in post #33, are you able to see your drives (at least with fdisk -l)?
    This is just for all the stuff, like FAN controll, temp sensors and stuff, not the SATA controller (as far as I know).

Beans

Yes. Following the development in the launchpad bug 576601, as suggested, is good advice.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast