Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS AT3IONT-I deluxe

Beans

Re: ASUS AT3IONT-I deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by pj7 View Post
    [*]Module rebuild
    After you edit configuration files (see below) you can automatically rebuild the modules with this command:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms
    Hi Pj7,

GREAT... Now remote control Work!!!

I have tried to reconfigure some key like OK_Buttom as suggested by you
    Code:
    #define BUTTON_OK      KEY_ENTER
    and after I have rebuilded the module
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms
    but I have obtained

/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms is not installed

and I have not succeeded to reconfigure the key.

Can you help me on this.

Thanks for the commendable support.=D>

Beans
    Hidden!

You're welcome, glad I helped!
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. In your case, to rebuild the modules you have to use the manual way, that is step 2 from my previous post.

Beans

Has anyone tried modifying the lirc driver to add 0471:206c, removing the usbhid module, and loading lirc_mceusb?

For folks who want to use the included remote, pj7's solution is definitely the easiest, but using lirc would allow the use of virtually any universal remote.

Another option would be to do something like they used to do with the DVB remotes, and modify pj7's driver to add an interface in /proc that allows full customization of the scan codes.

Beans

I've done some more snooping. The IR receiver seems a bit odd.
    It does not behave like a standard MCE receiver (which reports raw pulses). Instead it interprets MCE codes and reports the resulting decoded signal. It may be possible to use LIRC with it, but probably not with the mceusb driver.

It also seems to have an internal mapping of keyboard codes. If I press a key it knows about, the output is a valid scan code (a single signal for press, and another for release...this is recognizable by the keyboard driver..though for some codes, a modified driver is needed). If I use my MCE remote, it passes the signal directly through (I see continuous signals while the button is pressed, and tehre is no release code. The hid driver can convert this to a scancode, but you can't get key-repeat with it as far as I can tell)

If I use a non MCE remote, it reports nothing at all (so the only remotes that will work will be those that know the MCE protocol)

So the end result is that the way pj7 is doing this is probably the easiest way to use the IR receiver, and you will likely be limited to either a JP1 remote, the supplied remote, or a universal that can learn the asus remote. Getting more keys is likely only possible with a JP1 remote.
    Last edited by PhracturedBlue; May 28th, 2010 at 03:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
    Has anyone tried modifying the lirc driver to add 0471:206c, removing the usbhid module, and loading lirc_mceusb?
    Oh yes, that was my first attempt actually. I modified the lirc_mceusb code and added 0471:206c. But it fails (at mceusb_dev_probe function), as lirc_mceusb driver requires an inbound and an outbound endpoint, wheareas this device lacks the outbound endpoint.

Beans

Ok, I am finished mucking around with this remote.
    I have all buttons of my Atlas Remote mapped to keys that MythTV can see after much pain.

I am including the following:
    1) modifications to pj7's code to add all keycodes that the IR receiver supports
    2) mappings from linux keys to x11 keys (x11 can't see everything in linux/inputs.h)
    3) mapping of the button codes in the driver to HEX codes for RemoteMaster (these are the codes the remote sends that generate the proper scan-codes)
    4) RMDU file for RemoteMaster that maps buttons to the remote

I'm not sure many folks would want to go through the effort of setting up a JP1 remote, but getting everything to work properly proved to be more of a challenge than I expected, so I'm documenting it here (especially in case I ever need to do it again)

pj7, feel free to incorporate my changes if you like.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

FYI, it is possible to force hid-philips-asus to run before usbhid by adding the following to /etc/modprobe.d/hid-philips-asus.conf:
    Code:
    sudo sh -c 'echo "install usbhid /sbin/modprobe hid_philips_asus ; /sbin/modprobe -i usbhid ; true" > /etc/modprobe.d/hid-philips-asus.conf'
    sudo sh -c 'echo hid-philips-asus >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
    sudo update-initramfs -u
    This is more unixy than running pj7's shell script during startup
    Last edited by PhracturedBlue; May 29th, 2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Fixed commands

Beans

On a different topic here are some alsa settings I found from around the web that work with this board:

To use HDMI audio by default, create ~/.asoundrc and add:
    Code:
    pcm.!default {
    type asym
    playback.pcm {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "hw:0,3"
    }
    }
    No need to reboot, it should take effect immediately (fyi, I'm using the nvidia graphics drivers..I'm not sure if that is necessary or not)

To use analog 5.1 audio (from the 3 headphone jacks in the rear panel):
    Code:
    sudo sh -c 'echo "options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-6ch enable=1 index=0" >> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf'
    then reboot and run alsamixer to enable the proper channels

Beans
    Hidden!

Excellent work PhracturedBlue, thanks!
    I will update the package to include it.

Beans

Yesterday I saw that my mainboard is connected with the wifi only with 54mbit/sec. So I changed my router that he accepts only Draft-N Wifi. But after this I cant´t connect with the mainboard to the wifi anymore
    Do I have a wrong driver for the Wifi ??
    I am using Ubuntu 9.10

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast