Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peak/Kworld dual tuner not tuning but did before

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Peak/Kworld dual tuner not tuning but did before

Soooo glad this is not looking like hardware anymore. I did think originally from what I read about transmitter location and strengths that the 75% figure suggested that the transmitter was practically in the next street, very optimistic.
    I did do a little Java app to pull down channels and listings from Radio times, store it in a serialised object structure, and then write out a list periodically of basic html pages suitable for phone browsing (Got tired of all the bloat of tv guide type websites). The intention was - given time which I appear to be somewhat lacking as ever - to build on that to provide additional alert stuff and also integrate with mythtv to action recording etc. (Yep no doubt re-inventing the wheel, but it would be my somewhat misshappen wheel at least).

Are there any listing sources like radio times for the radio?(Irony of this question has just hit me)

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I`m testing at this time w/o eit.

I would buy one nova-td-hd, supports hd channels and have dual tuner.
    Its more expensive, at least 80€, but tested with one friend, and working fine w/o have to do nothing, and recording fine for about 10 days w/o shutdown or restart.

Beans

I wonder if it's a problem with the card or firmware that we have these problems with weak signals/EIT?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've never seen EIT to work that well - have had several set top boxes, and the last time round deliberately went for a more expensive set top box for the guide facilities - hoping that it would be better - but still found the presence of guide information patchy and erratic (before and after new aerials). Also in the house find the same thing with an LG TV and it's guide.
    I would wonder about the firmware handling EIT - that area of it not being so resilient killing the whole party when it doesn't get clear data instead of just returning 'No Information'.

Beans

I'm thinking that too... We've still a multiplex that is 'out' here that has a very low signal output that the TV cannot even pick up most of the time. I have a feeling that the EIT code isn't robust and is causing an issue in the firmware (maybe where a counter or something buffer overflows....) as only a hard power off that causes the firmware to be reloaded seems to fix it.

I really would like some EIT data as in the UK it is currently the only way to get the radio schedules. I want stability of my backend even more though. Although my system now powers up and shutsdown automatically for recordings it would be nice not to have to worry about it losing lock when it is up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Obviously would be nice for the firmware to be investigated, but in case that's a long way off, perhaps fall-back RSS parsed, populating the DB. It's only BBC stuff but maybe an approach :

http://www.iplayerconverter.co.uk/re...tructions.aspx

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I have tested it with two modes, eit and xmltv and still having the same problem.
    And a poor signal now.

Beans

When you've tried it on xmltv have you turned off all the EIT settings? There is quite a few of them!

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I think no, only have used xmltv guide, not more. I can test it now. But i think the problem with the poor signal quality dont solved this.

I start to testing that.
    I have set now all input to do not use eit for automatic update database and check it yes to open card on demand.
    I have anothers options under "general" for how many time use eit before to change the channel and find more info, but only can set the time, not more.
    I have testing now, when i do not use mytv, the led stills off, but at this moment, switch to watch one channel, and the led turns green. If i record one channel and swith to another the led turns orange.

At this moment i`m recording two channels and do not have the problem of poor signal.

Recording two channels and 0 pixelation....!!!!!

I have to test it for a long more time.
    Last edited by c1ru; May 12th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Have you got an aerial booster? If not, worth getting one of those (Try not to get a really cheap one that just add's noise to the signal).
    if you do have an aerial booster connected, try removing it and plugging the aerial directly in- the booster may have started failing.
    A couple of days ago I found our set top box was showing 'no signal' (The booster has two outputs - one for the mythbuntu box and another for the set top box). Despite having the led on, the booster has stopped providing output - so unplugged it and plugged the aerial in directly - now fine. The booster is probably only 2 months old.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast