Thread: usb trash/windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

usb trash/windows

I use Linux on my laptop and I forgot to empty my trash from my usb stick. I'm at wor now and have windows at work. Now it says my usb stick is full and I can't find a way to delete the trash in windows. formatting the usb stick doesn't work. Any know a way to delete the hidden .trash in windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: usb trash/windows

Normally you would be able to just (shift)delete the .trash folder in Windows, so perhaps something else is wrong...
    You don't happen to have a physical switch on you usb key which is accidentally enabled on write protection?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Bungler View Post
    Normally you would be able to just (shift)delete the .trash folder in Windows, so perhaps something else is wrong...
    You don't happen to have a physical switch on you usb key which is accidentally enabled on write protection?
    I don't have a physical switch on the usb stick. and I tried viewing hidden folders and nothing shows up. So I'm sure it has something to with the hidden trash folder that's made under linux and won't show under windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There's nothing magical about the Trash folder on Linux. It will show up in Windows if you have hidden files turned on.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    There's nothing magical about the Trash folder on Linux. It will show up in Windows if you have hidden files turned on.

yeah thanks I figured out the problem. It was a format problem, nothing to do with not being able to see trash like you said