Server Virtual machine host KVM VNC problem
Could anyone help me with the problem which I encounted during installation the Ubuntu 9.10 desktop on the Virtualization host on my Ubuntu 9.10 server edition (KVM).
Steps that I`ve done:
1. Installed the Virtual Machine Host using tasksel
2. Checked if my server supports virtualization using this command
egrep '(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo
I got the output, so it should
3. Downloaded the Ubuntu Desktop
4. Installed extra packages that I`ve neededsudo apt-get install kvm libvirt-bin python-virtinst bridge-utils
5. Checked if KVM was installed properlyvirsh -c qemu:///system list --all
I got the output like
Connecting to ... qemu:///system
Id name state:
As it should be
Success6. Made a bridge in the interfaces# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
# The loopback network interface
iface lo inet loopback
# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet manual
iface br0 inet static
7. Installed the VM
sudo virt-install -n vsrv1 -r 384 -f vsrv1.img -s 10 -c ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso --accelerate --os-type=linux --os-variant=generic26 -v --vnc -w bridge:br0
I got the output like
Creating domain… 0 B 00:01
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/virtinst/Guest.py:1086: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
for ignore in range(1, (5 / .25)): # 5 seconds, .25 second sleeps
Unable to connect to graphical console: virt-viewer not installed. Please install the 'virt-viewer' package.
Domain installation still in progress. You can reconnect to
the console to complete the installation process.
8. I didnt want to install the virt-viewer, though I`ve enabled the VNC for my VM. So now I tried tried to connect to my VM using the UltraVNC and kitty (putty)
In the kitty I choosed all the options I usually choose when I connect to my server using SSH and also aded the port forwading from 59000 to localhost:5900 (easier for me)
9. I start the UltraVNC viewer in the adress I put localhost:5900
It asks for a password!!! My user`s password is too long for VNC, so I have no idea what to do at all
10. (If I am trying to install vnc-server (tightvnc or vnc4server) it also wants to install X11 which I dont need. Help ME PLEASE!!!
Tags for this Thread