Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Stream Video To Your iPhone The Easy Way

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How To Stream Video To Your iPhone The Easy Way

Hey guys, as you may know, you can install vlc4iphone (now known as OpenStreamer") on the iPhone. This eliminates the need to convert formats, since vlc can play just about any format.

I am wondering if anyone has found a good media streaming server that plays nice with vlc4iphone?

I have minidlna installed on my Ubuntu machine, which works great with my Samsung TV, but I cannot get vlc4iphone to display content from it, mainly because if I point vlc4iphone at my-ip:8200 (the url my ubuntu machine that's running minidlna) then nothing really happens.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Beans

@Kroem - You're welcome.

@PartisanEntity - I haven't heard of minidlna I'll have to take a look at it.

Beans

I tried "Air Video" on my ubuntu under wine... and it works but I faced a problem...
    My problem is that the "Air Video" can't see my other HardDrive partitions that are already installed in my computer, which ubuntu already see them...

"Air Video" only can see the partition that the wine is installed in it, which is the ubuntu OS partition... How to solve this problem ??

Thanks alot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by q8_legend View Post
    I tried "Air Video" on my ubuntu under wine... and it works but I faced a problem...
    My problem is that the "Air Video" can't see my other HardDrive partitions that are already installed in my computer, which ubuntu already see them...

"Air Video" only can see the partition that the wine is installed in it, which is the ubuntu OS partition... How to solve this problem ??

Thanks alot
    Thanks Guys... I solved it

I change the mounted Drive from wine config file

Thanks alot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ran through everything no problem but when i try to open air video server it tells me that bonjour isn't installed. I've looked into installing it but it seems like i did something wrong previously and i can't figure it out. Any suggestions?
    If you want to know the past, look at your present conditions.
    If you want to know the future, look at your present actions.

Beans

Uninstall AirVideo and then install Bonjour for Windows http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999.

Reinstall AirVideo and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

J

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ty

Beans

i figured this out a few weeks ago and its been working great.

has anyone gotten the remote pin feature working?

I can only seem to get onto the server when im on my home network.

Beans

Question Re: How To Stream Video To Your iPhone The Easy Way

I am extremely new to ubuntu (like 2 days old lol). I have followed the instructions below and where I run into issues is that when I launch Air Video is that it tells me that bonjour isnt installed. I install the latest one as it instructs and still when I open(Air Video) it tells me that it is still out of date and redirects me back to the apple page to get the latest one I am not sure how to get around this.

Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks
    Phil

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by climber514 View Post
    I am extremely new to ubuntu (like 2 days old lol). I have followed the instructions below and where I run into issues is that when I launch Air Video is that it tells me that bonjour isnt installed. I install the latest one as it instructs and still when I open(Air Video) it tells me that it is still out of date and redirects me back to the apple page to get the latest one I am not sure how to get around this.

Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks
    Phil
    try "video stream" in place of air-video it just crashes when u convert video for local copy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12