Thread: Ubuntu web problem

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu web problem

So I just recently started using Ubuntu, it seems great, but I am having a problem with my web browser. Whenever I go to my website, (In my signature) The window turns all gray. Then a few seconds later, a message comes from adobe flash player 10, saying if I want to abort the script, and that if I dont my computer might become unresponsive. So is this a problem with the web browser?(firefox 3.6.3) Or is it a problem with my website because it only does this when I go to my website. Please help
    Feel free to contact me at cuberts@gmail.com if you have any questions. Also, Irssi is RAD!~

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu web problem

Yes. That also happenes to me. I think that it is a problem with the Flash Player instead of your web browser if all the other pages without flash load fine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Ubuntu web problem

Works fine for me with a 32 bit 9.10 gnome desktop. I have no problem with flash on any site, but I suspect that my be your problem.

@ttshivers
    Thanks for the invitation to visit your site, but it needs a username and password, so your link is useless, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; April 15th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cuberts View Post
    So I just recently started using Ubuntu, it seems great, but I am having a problem with my web browser. Whenever I go to my website, (In my signature) The window turns all gray. Then a few seconds later, a message comes from adobe flash player 10, saying if I want to abort the script, and that if I dont my computer might become unresponsive. So is this a problem with the web browser?(firefox 3.6.3) Or is it a problem with my website because it only does this when I go to my website. Please help
    64 bit piece of junk does the same thing on there.
    Remove the counter (which is flash) and you should be fine.

Flash on linux is really severly broken IMO...
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

i go to a flash webcam chat room and get the scripts i click no and get in

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

sure a boatload of scripts on that site .. trackers included.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I figured that there must be a web browser that allows me to have the flash player still in my webpage itself, so I installed Google Chrome beta for a 32 bit, Ubuntu and it works fine now. Thanks for all the help.
    I also think that you should install it too because it allows you to run way more programs than firefox.
    Feel free to contact me at cuberts@gmail.com if you have any questions. Also, Irssi is RAD!~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by cuberts View Post
    I figured that there must be a web browser that allows me to have the flash player still in my webpage itself, so I installed Google Chrome beta for a 32 bit, Ubuntu and it works fine now. Thanks for all the help.
    I also think that you should install it too because it allows you to run way more programs than firefox.
    I have Chrome, but I don't use it. It is a very fast browser, but it can't be compared to Firefox in terms of functionality and customization. I can't simply do what I do in Firefox with Chrome. Besides, I'm a Firefox extension developer

Firefox works really great for me anyway.

BTW, next version of Firefox will come with plugin isolation, so whenever a plugin like flash crashes, it doesn't affect the browser.