Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How To: Use USAA Deposit@Home on 10.04 Lucid

Beans

Re: How To: Use USAA Deposit@Home on 10.04 Lucid

XSane works fine for me. Usually the problem you describe is caused buy XSane not finding the scanner. Make sure the scanner is actually working, and is correctly configured. If XSane doesn't find a scanner, it just quits, and will never load.
    Asus EEE 900 with Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The problem must be with Xsane. Other software has no trouble finding the scanner. I just used it to scan my check through Skanlite. Gscan2pdf works as well, although it's not useful in the current discussion.

I noticed a big difference between doing Deposit@Home in Windows XP vs. Ubuntu. When I do it in Ubuntu, I get a button labeled "Select" that lets me choose & upload prescanned images for the front & back of the check. When I do Deposit in Windows, I don't get that option. It forces me to pick my scanner & scan the check "live." Which is really inconvenient, since I already scanned the check yesterday in Ubuntu.

Perhaps the Java USAA is using tries to detect my scanner automagically, but is unable to do so because it assumes it is operating in a Windows OS. Maybe that's why I get the "Select" button when running Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Objekt; October 27th, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
    Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42-R7LH)

Beans

I've always had the select button, using the Mac spoof in Agent Switcher.

What kind of scanner do you have? You may need to load some drivers to have XSane use it. For a Brother, I've had to load some additional drivers. HP seems to work pretty easily.
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Brother MFC-7440N. I have the drivers to print & scan installed, or at least those things work with other software. I am not aware of any other drivers for the MFC-7440N.

Beans

I had to install the brscan and brscan-skey drivers to get scanning to work. If you have these already installed, then it appears that xsane is not detecting the Brother for some reason. I don't have much else to suggest.
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am also experiencing the "error occurred while uploading" message, but I am fairly sure it is not XSane related. I have tried XSane/Simple Scan as well as photos, as is and edited in GIMP (always grayscale, 200dpi), and the message is still there.

And I'm using Java 1.6.0_22, not 21.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No, I don't think the error message has anything to do with how you scan. It's a BS error message that USAA's code is throwing up because it has some stupid dependency on a Windows environment.

That said, I haven't tried it in another browser, like Chromium or Opera. Might be worth a try.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isotherm View Post
    Attached is a script I wrote to automate the check scanning. After downloading, be sure you have permissions ot execute it. Also be sure the "imagemagick" package is installed, and of course SANE.

The images are saved to in the /tmp folder as usaa_check_FRONT.jpg and usaa_check_BACK.jpg
    I modified the script a bit to scan multiple checks at a time. I hope you don't mind. It appends today's date and the check number to each image. If it's alright with you I'll post a link to it.

Has there been any progress with the bank? I have firefox 3 and 4 installed, because headercontrol doesn't work with ff4.

Beans

There's another add-on called UAControl that does the same thing and it works in FF4.

I've attached the script for scanning multiple checks, as described in my last post. It's not quite bulletproof yet, so I can't guarantee what will happen if you hit the cancel button while scanning, etc. It can easily be modified to save the images to any directory by changing the check_path variable. Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

http://www.miscfits.com/2009/04/usaa...-on-linux.html

USAA has commited to releasing a fix for this issue which, barring unforseen issues, should be released September 1st.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast