Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To: Use USAA Deposit@Home on 10.04 Lucid

Beans

Re: How To: Use USAA Deposit@Home on 10.04 Lucid

Attached is a script I wrote to automate the check scanning. After downloading, be sure you have permissions ot execute it. Also be sure the "imagemagick" package is installed, and of course SANE.

The images are saved to in the /tmp folder as usaa_check_FRONT.jpg and usaa_check_BACK.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by isotherm; July 6th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Beans

No attachment.
    Asus EEE 900 with Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Linux user 497460

Beans

Sorry, it must've been removed when I edited the first time. Fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by isotherm View Post
    Attached is a script I wrote to automate the check scanning. After downloading, be sure you have permissions ot execute it. Also be sure the "imagemagick" package is installed, and of course SANE.

The images are saved to in the /tmp folder as usaa_check_FRONT.jpg and usaa_check_BACK.jpg
    Works great! The only thing is that the zenity progress bar does not work properly.

Beans

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, scanimage outputs its progress using carriage returns (\r) rather than line feeds (\n), which means the buffer is never flushed, so zenity never gets the progress. I fixed it on my end by changing scanimage. Not sure of any other solution, unless someone knows a way to force a certain program to use unbuffered I/O.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Huge thanks to wbar2 for this tutorial. Pure awesome.

Beans
    Distro

Now when I try it I can't get past the minimum requirements.
    Based on my experience with this issue, that sounds like you're not using a user agent switcher. The user agent has to be changed to spoof a Mac before you go to the USAA website.

Beans

D@H was working for a long time. I installed Lucid 10.4 on my new laptop, followed this tutorial, and now I keep getting this error:

Error occurred while uploading. Please click "Submit" to try again. If you continue to have difficulty, please call 1-800-XXX-XXXX for assistance.

Note: If you are using a modem or satellite to connect to the internet, this application may not work for you.

For information review our Troubleshooting Tips.
    Reference Id: 38320639
    Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by torstenaf View Post
    D@H was working for a long time. I installed Lucid 10.4 on my new laptop, followed this tutorial, and now I keep getting this error:

Any suggestions?
    This has begun happening to me as well. I tried both Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 with the same results.

As a test, I installed User Agent Switcher into Firefox on Windows XP (this is the add-on I use to spoof Mac) and spoofed a Mac via Windows XP. Everything worked fine, no errors, check was deposited.

What this means for me is that the problem is not my internet connection, as suggested in the error text, nor is it the scanned images or the check itself.

The possibilities I'm currently looking at are something inherent to Linux itself or something with the browser (same browser version all three systems, however add-ons used on Linux vs. Windows are not exactly the same). Also a possibility, however seemingly unlikely, is Java. Java on Linux is currently 6-21 while XP already has 6-22.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by torstenaf View Post

Any suggestions?
    Same here, I just tried a deposit 4 times in a row and it didn't work.

That message was replaced by a "The system is currently unavailable.
    Reference Id: 40592123" error message, almost before I had a chance to read the first error message.

Perhaps it's a genuine system outage? I'll have to try again later to be sure.

Also, I note that XSANE is STILL very broken, as it was under Ubuntu 9.10. XSANE no longer even pretends to start working. I see the "scanning for devices" window briefly, then brief flashes of the XSANE GUI, then it disappears completely. I guess it's time to start another thread.

At least Skanlite still works. In fact, it works pretty darn well, and I like it.
    Last edited by Objekt; October 26th, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42-R7LH)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast