Thread: Meerkat Ion ordered!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Meerkat Ion ordered!

Well, after deciding to purchase a new PC I knew I didn't want it to come with Windows. I started out using Ubuntu and then switched to Mint which I'm currently using. I was really close to purchasing a Mac Mini but decided against it and just ordered a Meerkat Ion with 2gb RAM and the optical drive. I'm running a power hog of a desktop with an AMD 2000+ 1.67 CPU, 1gb RAM and a ATI 9800 pro so I'm REALLY curious to how well a system that has hardware 100% compatible with Linux is going to rock.

Anyway, I was going to wait until 10.04 LTS was preloaded on it but just couldn't wait. Hopefully my next appearance in this forum will be to tell you how awesome my new PC is instead of problems, and given the support that System76 provides, I don't think I'll be too worried if a problem does arise.

Cheers,
    Juelze

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Meerkat Ion ordered!

Grats, and good luck with yours!

Beans

Last month I purchased a Meerkat Ion to use as a media center machine. I have XBMC installed on it and have it connected to my Vizio TV by HDMI. I could not be happier with it. It is a very nice machine!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by edlyk View Post
    Last month I purchased a Meerkat Ion to use as a media center machine. I have XBMC installed on it and have it connected to my Vizio TV by HDMI. I could not be happier with it. It is a very nice machine!
    Did you put Mythbuntu on it?
    Bonobo P:BON-P3 i7-720QM-
    In theory, theory and practice are the same thing. In practice they're different. -Yogi Berra?