Thread: Selling on ebay using Konqueror

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Selling on ebay using Konqueror

I am trying to stick to using only one browser (Konqueror) instead of having to switch to firefox for listing items on ebay. The problem I am having is that Konqeror does not display the wysiwyg editor for listing my item. I usually just copy and paste my template in, but the html tab is not showing up either. If I start my listing in firefox and then open it up in konqueror it displays the wysiwyg just fine, so I am not sure why it couldn't just work from the get go. I have tried changing browser identification but had no success.

Any help would be VERY MUCH Appreciated! This problem has plagued me since I first switched to kde.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Selling on ebay using Konqueror

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedBllack View Post
    I am trying to stick to using only one browser (Konqueror) instead of having to switch to firefox for listing items on ebay. The problem I am having is that Konqeror does not display the wysiwyg editor for listing my item. I usually just copy and paste my template in, but the html tab is not showing up either. If I start my listing in firefox and then open it up in konqueror it displays the wysiwyg just fine, so I am not sure why it couldn't just work from the get go. I have tried changing browser identification but had no success.

Any help would be VERY MUCH Appreciated! This problem has plagued me since I first switched to kde.
    Any "help" will only be available from eBay who set up their site to only work with specific browsers.

Even new Firefox releases will rarely work correctly until eBay fix things at their end.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

EBay works only with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari .. you will get NO help in trying to use anything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I understand that but I think there has to be a way around it since it works perfectly fine if I start it another another browser and then complete it using konqueror.. The wysiwg and tabs all show up fine when I do that..

Beans

Have you tried Opera browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by SVEN1 View Post
    Have you tried Opera browser?
    Yep, I would use that but the wysiwyg doesn't work for me in Opera either.

Beans
    Hidden!

What happens if you spoof the browser signature?