Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasero Error while ejecting

Beans

Brasero Error while ejecting

Hi Everyone

I am currently using Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 version. Quite happy with the same. Among other issues, I am finding a curious issue with Brasero: After I burn the DVD using Brasero, it gives an error before ejecting. Attached is the error message. No issues with the burn or the data being burnt, but just it won't eject by itself and the program completes with an error as follows : Please eject the disc from "TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C" manually. The disc could not be ejected though it needs to be removed for the current operation to continue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

Thanks and Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Brasero Error while ejecting

Sounds like a bug. Did you report it? Do:
    Code:
    ubuntu-bug brasero
    You will need a launchpad account to do so.

Beans

I just began getting that also. I assumed it was because I was running Lucid Beta. Now I have no clue, but you aren't alone!

Beans

The bug is still there in the 10.04 release version.

Same hardware for me: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D, SB00, max UDMA/100
    It did not happen with 9.10.

Beans

Note also this thread which is also running:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9239534

Mods: Is there an easy way to combine these two threads into one, if people feel that's appropriate?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same here in release version (64 bit). Using an LG DVD writer and oddly the burned data dvd is not readable either.

Has the bug been reported?

Beans

In my case the disc also FAILS, its not readable after finishing!

Burning an *.ISO file to a DVD-RW via the "Nautilus context menu", it gives the same error mentioned in this topic, only when selecting the lowest write speed. The resulting DVD is not read-able so burning failed.
    Selecting the MAX speed does eject the DVD after writing "without the eject error", but also delivers a DVD which cannot be read by the OS or booting by BIOS!

Solution:
    Burning the disc from 'terminal' with the following command works fine, although there is no LABEL:
    Code:
    cdrecord -scanbus #look at CD/DVD burner device location nr
    cdrecord -v -dao dev=3,0,0 Downloads/lubuntu-10.04.iso #my device nr was 3,0,0
    Bug report:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ro/+bug/578910
    Last edited by walterav; May 11th, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: filled bugreport

Beans

Hmmm...
    Hi guys I have a similar problem but with Ubuntu 9.04...
    (which I found most stable till now)
    Same samsung DVD burner... At the end Brasero says : adding checksum and keeps on burning and burning (?) if I don't hit "cancel"...

Could it be because I put the OS containing HD in a new Amd K9 Gigabyte system ?

It's a bit nasty since I need a new Ubuntu .iso to be burned...
    With the former iso, the system says there is a reading problem : or the CD or the writer...

Meanwhile I'll try a usb install...

Knd rgrds

Beans

I'm having similar problems. The issue seemed to come in a couple of month ago under 9.10.

I've been using Karmic ever since I've bought my Acer M5800 and everything worked fine - also the burning. But suddenly a few month ago, when I tried to burn some files on a dvd, burning always failed. Sometimes it burned 'forever'. So I've decided to wait for Lucid.

Set it up yesterday, inserted empty DVD, opend 'Nautilus CD/DVD Creator', dragged in some movie files, hit 'burn'. Burning process started and things looked good. then suddenly the process bar was gone and there was just this nautilus window listing the DVD content and it seemed all files were there, even there was no 'success-message'. the files were not readable though.

Then tried burning some files with brasero on CD. this seemd to work, but got mentioned message at the end 'Please eject the disc from...' . Pressed the cancel button and ejected manually. CD and files are readable....

Funny thing: I'm also using Lucid on my HP 8510P notebook and there, burning is no issue at all.

Beans

Hmmm... Bizar... I believe it has sth to do with the DVDwriter on the one hand...
    Since he gives errors on two .iso's that I'm damn sure of (9.04 & 9.10)
    (Maybe my hardware is too fancy for the soft at the moment ?! )

On the other hand writing an .iso to a usb-stick using "usb startup disk creator" gives finally "booterror"

For 9.04 : Modprob:Fatal:couldn't load /lib/modules/2-6-28-11-generic/modules.dep:no such file or directory.
    For 9.10 : [errno5] I/O error

In some attempts to create a startup usb, I got an errormessage to check ~/.usb.creator.log

Could someone please specify where that log is situated ?
    I didn't find it in the "log file viewer"
    Or as I read somewhere is it better to use another usb creator ?

Thx in advance !

Oh yeah Ggerri, what brand is your DVD-burner ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast