Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasero Error while ejecting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Brasero Error while ejecting

Quote Originally Posted by RTrev View Post
    I was surprised to see that people are still having this problem, as it disappeared for me a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't remember precisely when.
    I find it odd, too. I get the ejection problem, but I have absolutely no problem reading the burned data. It is kind of strange. If I have a DVD or CD mounted, and I tell the system to eject it (rather than manually ejecting it), it does so without a problem. I can use the eject command from the shell, too. So, it's obviously not a problem with the mount/umount or eject commands.
    Plain, simple Garak.

Beans

You know, now that I think about it, I did have the problem once again recently when testing Maverick. What I found was that if I had a Nautilus winder open, the problems would occur. If no Nautilus window, no problems. Go figure. Nautilus may have been trying to mount, or refusing to unmount, the CD?

Anyway, it would be interesting if you were to try that. Keep Nautilus locked up in the basement and see if your CD problems go away. <g>

Good luck,
    Bob

Beans

After a recent update to Brasero, at least CD burning now works. But I too get the very annoying "Can't eject disk" error at the end. I can figure it out, but to a user like my wife, well they start looking at advetizements in the newspaper for new Windows computers
    Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerence for others doing things you disapprove.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I too am having this problem. Is there a bug report already?

In my case burning and reading the burned cd (haven't tried dvd yet but I assume it will do the same thing) works fine. The only problem is that when it finishes burning it says that it can't eject but it needs to. If I hit "cancel", brasero still reports that the disc was successfully burned (and it would appear that it was since the disc works).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I get this message but there seems to be no consistency of when it appears and when it does not. I've learned to ignore it due to it not effecting burn quality or readability in any way.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

latest Brassero with bug fixes have been uploaded to PPA

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:renbag/ppa
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    The finding of unity in variety is really what we call knowledge..... Vivekananda.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by foxmulder881 View Post
    I get this message but there seems to be no consistency of when it appears and when it does not. I've learned to ignore it due to it not effecting burn quality or readability in any way.
    In my case, the problem does seem to cause faulty burns. I've taken to using the script on this page to check final burns:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Usually my md5sums are wrong. I've taken to not even bothering anymore. I just give my wife the ISO and ask her to burn it for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by RTrev View Post
    In my case, the problem does seem to cause faulty burns. <snip> I've taken to not even bothering anymore. I just give my wife the ISO and ask her to burn it for me.
    Why not just try another burning app. ie. K3B

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by foxmulder881 View Post
    Why not just try another burning app. ie. K3B
    I've found that when one is failing in this way, they all seem to. And when one is working, likewise they all seem to. I really can't pin this one down yet.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxforall View Post
    latest Brassero with bug fixes have been uploaded to PPA

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:renbag/ppa
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    I think this error is keeping me from burning multiple cds at once, so I'm going to try this and report back!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast