Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasero Error while ejecting

Beans

Re: Brasero Error while ejecting

Quote Originally Posted by Geweten View Post
    In some attempts to create a startup usb, I got an errormessage to check ~/.usb.creator.log

Could someone please specify where that log is situated ?
    I didn't find it in the "log file viewer"
    It's a 'hidden' file in your 'homedir', open your user folder in 'nautilus' press CTRL-H on your keyboard and you will see all the .* hidden files.

Could you please verify burning the ISO file from the 'terminal' as I did, see my post earlier.

About the USB creator, make sure the Partition table "MBR" is a new one setup with Gparted, with a fat32 filesystem. To install gparted go to 'terminal' and type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gparted

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I cant get it to burn from nautilus or Brasero. I started getting the eject fault a few days ago, but it would still burn. Now, nothing. I even changed my dvd drive because I thought it was the problem. No help. What happened to Brasero, it always worked before the "upgrade" to 10.04. Is there a replacement for Brasero?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I dont know what is the problem so i switched to k3b, seems in the end i always have to go back to k3b, in this version of brasero i cant even copy or create an audio/data cds since brasero complains that i am mission the cdda2wav, cdrdao plugins etc some of which are installed and others that dont seem to be in the repo and of course when doing data dvds i get that "please manually eject" popup message and even though the disc seems fine i worry, k3b doesnt give all these problems.
    Last edited by cor2y; May 24th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

Beans

Hi all,

Thx Walterav, I know the hidden folder issue, I always go to 'view' in the filebrowser and tick 'show hidden files.' Even then nothing to see...
    I thought the 'find' app would indicate it, but even this one overlooks the file...

I allways use Gparted for partitioning etc...
    Now strangely enough when I try to 'unmount' the usb-stick through Gparted, Gparted hangs...
    So before I use Gparted I have to unmount the usb on my 'desktop.'

(It could be that I experimented a little too much with all kinds of softs... Even now I'm amazed that my Ubu-box is still at speed, windhose would have a registry problem by now !)

I'll try via terminal as you suggest...

Yeah Chrisco66, this is the reason I don't upgrade too fast...
    I'm in there since Ubuntu 5 so I got smarter ! lol
    In order to maintain stabillity many companies keep on turning elder soft that has no 'children-deseases' any more...
    Before I upgrade I read reviews and issue-fora in order to evaluate if the time is right...
    (For fun I sometimes install new soft on a spare PC to make further evaluations...)

Thx Cor2y think I gonna check this one out too...

Thx all guys and now I'm going to get me some sun !
    Cheers !

Beans
    Distro

Geweten, I say that every time. Then I start thinking "what are the chances that they would release a LTR with problems"?

I went from 7.04 to 7.10--some problems, maybe my own doing

7.10 to 8.04--smooth

8.04 to 8.10--disaster

8.10 to 9.04--total disaster, had to reinstall on 4 machines.

9.04 to 9.10-- smooth, even fixed a few things

9.10 to 10.04--old hardware, no probs, newer stuff, three computers, three different probs. This eject thing, and the wireless on an MSI wind. Had video probs on my laptop too, but I found a fix for that.

I think Im just going to stay one behind from now on. Ill upgrade to 10.10, when 11.04 is released. I try to stay current, but for the last week, I have been doing nothing but trying to fix problems. If I want to fix my puters all the time, Ill switch back to windoze..

Beans

I have this same freaking problem and I have also noticed when I burn dvd's the color is all yellow it is very annoying. I have never had this problem before in 9.04, I have tons of problems now. DeVeDe won't start on the first attempt ever, DVD won't eject after burning with Brasero, can't mount again without a reboot after Brasero can't eject, random x windows crashes, etc. Pretty freaking annoying and I haven't seen a whole lot of updates.

I just want to be able to encode and burn DVD's again that don't look like crap. I was so happy with 9.04 I wish I wouldn't have upgrade now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Same issue here on 10.04 but disc reads fine after I manually eject it and close the error message.

Doesn't mount automatically though. I have to go to the places menu and click on it to make it mount.

Seems to me like the problem is in the hardware driver since it has problems with eject and mount.

Eject works once I have it mounted. I right click on the dvd icon on desktop and eject and it works at that point.

Beans
    Distro

10.04 does not work for many reasons.

If I found a distro that worked on all my machines, I would switch today. The problem is the kernel. It is broken and they think it is an "improvement". Most distros have switched to the new 2.6.3x kernel, but it no longer supports my wireless cards, or some video cards.

9.10 was not perfect, but it was pretty close. 10.04 is like a copy of windows. You want drivers, go find them.

Beans

I do get the same error message, however once I eject the disc manually (via the CD burners button), and close all Brasero windows, everything is OK. The disc plays on Ubuntu (with VLC Media Player) and also worked fine on gf's MacBook Pro.

I haven't changed any of the default settings of Brasero. Maybe it has something to do with the burner itself, mine is a Benq DVD DD DW1640.

Ubuntu 10.04
    Brasero 2.30.0

It would be nice if there was a way to get rid of the error message and actually have Brasero eject the disc once burning finished... it seems that a bug report has been filed for this already.

Beans

I was surprised to see that people are still having this problem, as it disappeared for me a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't remember precisely when.

I currently have five installs of Lucid, both 32- and 64-bit, and one of Maverick. All of them have the "Backports" enabled, although that's kind of pointless for Maverick at the moment.

Under Lucid, my version of Brasero is 2.30.1. That's the normal Lucid version, so whatever fixed it may have been some dependency which was backported.

There has been no problem (so far) with Maverick alpha-1.

Unless you feel strongly otherwise, I suggest enabling backports. My understanding is that all it means is that if, during development of a newer version, they find something that works really well, and they don't believe it will hose your older version, you'll be offered it as an update. The devs are pretty careful about what they approve to be back-ported. I'm only speculating, but backports may be why my problem was resolved completely quite a while back.

I'm sorry I can't give a precise time when it was resolved; I don't burn CDs often enough to pin it down for sure. I'd forgotten about the problem, though, as I said.

Hope this helps someone. Only enable backports if you're comfortable living a tiny bit on the edge. I'm running Maverick alpha-1 as my main system, so that gives you some idea of how much I personally worry about breakage. <g> Just make sure you have backups of your data, and then have fun. A reinstall isn't that big a deal if something blows up. But that's just me. You may have other thoughts on blown up operating systems.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast