Thread: Dell inspiron 1545 battery question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Dell inspiron 1545 battery question

Hello, I have hear many people talking about this and to be honest I'm quite confused and a little bit scared. As the topic title, I have a dell inspiron 1545 brand new. I use it as a desktop and sometimes(rarely-once a month use it without the ac adaptor). My question is, as I use it as a desktop in general connected to the ac adaptor could I damage my laptop if my battery is still in while using the ac adaptor? Some people told me to take out my li ion battery, leave it at about 50%, and throw it into the closet and once a month to do a full cicle recharge. They told me that when using as a desktop with the battery on, the heat will damage the battery. I'm confused, what should I do in order to keep my laptop battery healthy? Right now I have a 2,20h duration of my battery. I know that all batteries will broke up but how could I protect it as long as posible? Keep it in the laptop while using as a desktop and sometimes as a laptop when going off some coffee shop and reading mail with wireless...or take the battery out and do as I mentioned above? Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Dell inspiron 1545 battery question

*bump