Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I cant get HellaNZB and LottaNZB to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: I cant get HellaNZB and LottaNZB to work

Quote Originally Posted by BeatnikBandit View Post
    I was busy yesterday so i have just begun to get at working with this. i have gotten your conf file I appreciate helping me with the config, on my conf file i messed up the sever part as i didn't understand it as i suppose the first like is the name of the server and the second is the actual server IDK but anyway the only changes i name was changing the home directory and i am wondering about the max speed option?

I changed this line
    Code:
    # Important locations
    Hellanzb.PREFIX_DIR = '/home/matthew/hellanzb'
    I don't understand this line, It looks to me that its about speed limiting and i dont want that at all, since it says # limit to 150kB/s it makes me think i should change it do i need to? as i said my max speed is 20 mbits so i want to get what i pay for ya know.
    Code:
    # Uncomment this line to limit all server connections to the specified KB/s
    # bandwidth
    #Hellanzb.MAX_RATE = 150 # limit to 150kB/s
    Other than this i am now going to go and play with it and see what happens.
    Thank you soo much with helping me set this up!!
    Like I said # disables the function, so leave it as is, your speed will run at the max of your connection/News Server
    BTW I set your number of connections to 7 as requested.

Steve
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.6 Ghz 2 Gb ram, Asus P5KPL motherboard, 2.5 TB Storage running Hardy.
    HP Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz 756 mb ram running Intrepid.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well thanks to mister_p_1998 I have gotten everything working seamlessly all my problem was a incorrectly configured Conf file WTF I know what a long post for that. well i am not going to mark it solved yet as i still need help. (you want to kill me yet LOL please dont) If mister_p_1998 obliges then there will be more learning to happen about automating the program.

First i want to know how to set it to Startup and ShutDown on its own by the use of Cron, something i know nothing about.

Lastly I want to try and automate my downloads using certain websites RSS feeds as i know it is possible somehow but how I have no idea! I hope its possible with HellaNZB

As of now It kicks butt I use it with LottaNZB currently and it kicks the butt out of SabNzbd+ and although i still use pan personally i prefer the auto rar/par that HellaNzb Provides.

Right now i am pretty happy with a lot of thanks to mister_p_1998 I think he gets a for the week LOL anyway thanks for everything you have done for me so far man you kick A$$ (thank you for it not being mine) you are a great guy its hard to put up with me and Mister P seams to be able to handle it.

THANKS THANKS THANKS
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Every Day I Learn Something New And Realise I know Less And Less

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Cool Re: I cant get HellaNZB and LottaNZB to work

Let me know how you get on with that cron stuff I sent you.
    Steve
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.6 Ghz 2 Gb ram, Asus P5KPL motherboard, 2.5 TB Storage running Hardy.
    HP Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz 756 mb ram running Intrepid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

great! then you'll be pleased to learn that LottaNZB is dropping hellanzb as a backend in favor of SABnzbd+ hehehe

course i'm not quite sure why you would need a front end for SABnzbd+ can't you access it from any web browser?

Quote Originally Posted by BeatnikBandit View Post
    Well thanks to mister_p_1998 I have gotten everything working seamlessly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

considering that latest hellanzb stable release was on march 2007 I say good for them. I will give it another chance when it starts using sabnzbd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123