Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Terok Nor
    Beans
    166
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    ok....but that is irrelevant when you cannot even get into the OS.
    CANONICAL GET OFF YOUR REARS AND FIX THE DNS ISSUE.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Same problem, screen goes black with an ati 5850... I will stay with Windows 7 until this problem get solved...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Estonia / Sweden
    Beans
    2,332
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
    ok....but that is irrelevant when you cannot even get into the OS.
    have you tried the latest daily build iso or only the beta release?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    have you tried the latest daily build iso or only the beta release?
    I have tried with the latest daily build, and black screen comes again...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    any solution by now?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    278

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by salva84 View Post
    any solution by now?
    Has anyone reported this as a bug?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazade View Post
    Has anyone reported this as a bug?
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/560306

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    278

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Cool just checking, everyone in this thread should do the "Affects me too" thing so it gets attention.

    Have you tried disabling KMS on boot? I can't remember all the steps but if you hold SHIFT while Grub starts it should give you the list of operating systems, then edit the Ubuntu line (I can't remember the key combination but I think it's on the screen) and at the end of the line that says "quiet" on it put: radeon.modeset=0

    Then there is a key combination to boot using that line. If it works then you can follow this: http://tomlowshang.blogspot.com/2010...adeon-kms.html to disable it permanently, just do the bit in the last paragraph.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazade View Post
    Cool just checking, everyone in this thread should do the "Affects me too" thing so it gets attention.

    Have you tried disabling KMS on boot? I can't remember all the steps but if you hold SHIFT while Grub starts it should give you the list of operating systems, then edit the Ubuntu line (I can't remember the key combination but I think it's on the screen) and at the end of the line that says "quiet" on it put: radeon.modeset=0

    Then there is a key combination to boot using that line. If it works then you can follow this: http://tomlowshang.blogspot.com/2010...adeon-kms.html to disable it permanently, just do the bit in the last paragraph.
    Ok, thank you, but by now Im getting tired of having to fix the system , the fglx drivers are really slow even scrolling web pages in firefox.... and the open source drivers are always "coming"....

    For me, the solution I've found is to execute Linux in a Virtualbox machine inside Windows 7. No more problem with graphics, printer, suspend / hibernate, I can make a backup of the whole system, and I dont have to reboot to play some games. Yeah, I know that it not the solution you want to hear, but I dont want to try again until all this problems get fixed ( i hope will be soon). Until this happens, I have emacs, cygwin and firefox in windows

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Terok Nor
    Beans
    166
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: 10.04 + ATI 5850...no signal at all

    Maybe a problem with the 5xxx series of cards?
    CANONICAL GET OFF YOUR REARS AND FIX THE DNS ISSUE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •