Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox Namoroka/3.6.4pre has trouble accessig gmail and yahoo mail

Beans

Firefox Namoroka/3.6.4pre has trouble accessig gmail and yahoo mail

I have upgraded yesterday trough the regular update-manager my version of firefox ("nakamura") to 3.6.4~hg20100410r34032+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1~karmic (karmic).

Since then I cannot access gmail or yahoo mail (I get a grey zombie screen which I can only kill)
    other sites (of course, I haven't checked all 25412456917582145 of them) seem to be working fine.
    Any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Firefox Namoroka/3.6.4pre has trouble accessig gmail and yahoo mail

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitoid View Post
    I have upgraded yesterday trough the regular update-manager my version of firefox ("nakamura") to 3.6.4~hg20100410r34032+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1~karmic (karmic).

Since then I cannot access gmail or yahoo mail (I get a grey zombie screen which I can only kill)
    other sites (of course, I haven't checked all 25412456917582145 of them) seem to be working fine.
    Any suggestions?
    Clean FF cache? Maybe that helps..

Beans

Yes cleared cache and cookies.

Found a new site that has the same problem: www.pagesjaunes.fr (French phone directory)
    If it persists I'll try to go back to firefox 3.5 (after all, 3.6 is not yet standard for ubuntu 9.10)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitoid View Post

Any suggestions?
    I'm having the same problem. After clearing all private data and even rebooting I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the 3.6.4 - same problem. If I can figure out how I'm going back to 3.5.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy Re: Firefox Namoroka/3.6.4pre has trouble accessig gmail and yahoo mail

Quote Originally Posted by wblogan View Post
    I'm having the same problem. After clearing all private data and even rebooting I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the 3.6.4 - same problem. If I can figure out how I'm going back to 3.5.
    Well, I was trying to update to ff 3.6.x following the issues I'm having opening my mails: -GMail and - Yahoo Mail when I stumbled at this post.

I at present I still use FF.3.5.8 and exactly about 2weeks ago, I suddenly can't access gmail nor READ the contents of my Yahoo Mails, though for yahoo I could see the mail headers; as for GMail, it often presents me with the white screen

I discovered I couldn't even post on Facebook [suspecting something to do with dynamic sites]. I contacted my ISP after much router resting and routing table clearing. To my surprise GMail and Yahoo!Mail works smoothly on my Windoz Vista. Sorry I seldom use Windoz but I guess the ff in there is 3.6 or so.

I'm guess it has a problem to do with some update/upgrades on the 'network kernels' in the 2.6.31.20

To check I installed Galeon, Chrome Web Browsers none of them solved this issue, so IMO it's more of an OS issue and not just FF.

THIS IS PAIN FOR ME, cause all my work is in Ubuntu! Can't believe I need to switch to windoz now... just to check mail. Even my ISP's customer satisfaction mail, I can't access.. funny!
    "The collection of people, hardware, and software --Internet.
    Let us assume for a moment that such a network has been formed." - J. C. R. Licklider, Robert Taylor, 1968.
    Linux Registered User #511228! Ubuntu Registered User #31414

Beans

I had the same problem, played around with disabling all the plugins and brought them back one by one. It seems that 'shockwave flash 10.0 r45' was the issue for me. Of course now I have to find a way around that, but isn't that part of the fun of linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by thudon View Post
    I had the same problem, played around with disabling all the plugins and brought them back one by one. It seems that 'shockwave flash 10.0 r45' was the issue for me. Of course now I have to find a way around that, but isn't that part of the fun of linux?
    I've found something wierd: I completely removed firefox from the system using the synaptic package manager but the icon I had on my taskbar was still there. I clicked on it and firefox namoroka 3.6.4pre loaded! What's the deal with this?

I read your post and was doing the same thing (diabling plugins) and found that 'shockwave flash 10.0 r45' was causing my problem as well.

But I don't know why firefox is running... everything else seems to be working well.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Beans

Here's a little more information on the shockwave-player (and how to actually remove it, which proved more difficult than expected). http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1128720.html

This is definitely the source of the problem and I've tried installing flash from adobe in several different ways all with the same results. I suppose gnash or swfdec could work, but one is in beta and the other doesn't look like it's been updated in over a year. Any ideas?

in the mean time I'm going to take advantage of this and get some work done instead of getting distracted by flash games and movies... open to any ideas on this though so that I can get back to procrastinating!
    Last edited by thudon; April 11th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Beans

Strange, I'm running 3.6.4pre without this issue.

Maybe you should delete the profile, a new one will be created at first run.. or simply create a new profile to begin with.
    Just to see what happens.
    Code:
    firefox -profilemanager

Beans

...this started last nigh for me. Major headache. I do all of my web development on my laptop. Needless to say until this is fixed I can't get any work done. I'll post back when I come up with something.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast