Thread: Xara LX - ImageMagick error!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question [SOLVED] Xara LX - ImageMagick error!

I love Xara LX but got this error when 1st installing it;

Xara Xtreme cannot find ImageMagick version 6.0.0 or above. Various bitmap filters will be disabled...

I checked & found that I have ImageMagick 6.5.7 installed. I figure if I installed a pointer where the missing file should be located to where v6.5.7 is, the problem would be resolved. How can detect where the missing file should be?
    Last edited by GARoss; April 13th, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: SOLVED!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Xara LX - ImageMagick error!

Well, this is weird. Basically, the warning is saying some filters will not open, but upon further review, they do. I don't get the error message but if everything is working - who cares?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Red face Re: Xara LX - ImageMagick error!

Well, I still have the problem...
    I, too, have imagemagick installed (v 6.5.x) but Xara doesn't seem to register it, therefore deactivating bitmap effects and the sort. I figured one could install an old version of imagemagick or make the new one appear in the places the old should, but I don't know how to do it.

Yes, I know this topic is already flagged "solved", but I hope someone will still help me.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    I just looked at the whereis-output for imagemagick and it doesn't seem to have a program path.
    Code:
    root@peacemotion:/# whereis imagemagick
    imagemagick:
    Tried reinstalling, still no luck.
    Searched the internet for a possible location of the files, found this.
    It says in the linked thread that at least one function of imagemagick - convert - should be in my /usr/bin/convert.
    It is not, although it is obviously installed and executable as the version output shows.
    Code:
    root@peacemotion:/bin# convert -version
    Version: ImageMagick 6.5.7-8 2009-11-26 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
    Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2009 ImageMagick Studio LLC
    Features: OpenMP
    I really don't know how to fix this one.... O.o (had the intention of making a symlink to the actually installed imagemagick from the location version 6.0 should be, but if I cant't find the files....)
    Last edited by liveag; June 13th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.