Thread: Livestation choppy and flickering

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Livestation choppy and flickering

I have been using ubuntu with gnome for a while and livestation always worked great. I just discovered kubuntu 9.10 and really like the way it looks. But now livestation is not working right. The audio and the video sort of skips, even on audio-only stations there are short bursts of click sounds or skips that make it not worth trying to listen. The same on video channels, except the picture also momentarily freezes/skips with each clicking sound. My computer is an HP a1328x with ati radeon xpress 200 graphics.

The livestation website recommends typing "compiz --replace" and "metacity --replace" for people with ati cards. I tried this in terminal and it says both are not installed. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I am really not very familiar navigating all these other kde settings.

This is probably unrelated, but I did have a clock widget on the desktop that would show through the player. I just removed the clock from the desktop. I had a similar problem with the system monitors in gnome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Livestation choppy and flickering

compiz --replace just restarts compiz, and metacity -- replace will change to metacity and vice versa.

Also have choppy sound on livestation right now. Could be a gstreamer issue, having problems with last dev updates.