Page 2 of 389 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi guys!
    I'm a relatively new user of ubuntu ( over a year and counting...I learn something new everyday!). For me it is all about choice and ubuntu is a choice I can easily live with. The community is helpful and the software beautiful. Keep up the good work guys. I cannot wait for lucid to come out!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everybody!! I just became an ubuntu user about a week ago and im loving it! I dont know how i stumbled into this OS but i just did! Vista is of second thought to me now. I have not used it since then.

Im reading a lot of info on it and im loving and enjoying this OS. I cant believe i didnt try this OS before . If i have newbie questions please help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey everybody! I'm a trumpeteer, cyclist, and Ubuntu lover! I'm so glad I tried out this awesome alternative to Windows.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hey all I have been here for nearly a year but if you haven't seen me around here or in General Help, ABT ect. My name is Micheal and I live in North East England and I have been with ubuntu for 3 years now!!! my first distro I tried was 7.10 and I am now testing the lucid lynx. I joined here because every time I had a problem when learning I didn't give in and most importantly evry answer was here for me. I have just turned a teenager in March so I am 13 years old. I am amazed about ubuntu and I will never quit using it. Even If i dual-boot (Which Im gonna do when I have time lol Just had to recover my Windows.)
    Do not PM for Support.
    Ubuntu Austria LoCo Admin
    Projects: Connary Internet Browser

Beans

Hello! I've been using ubuntu for a while but haven't been communally active much, which is one of it's biggest features!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hi all.

I have been dabbling in Ubuntu since Dapper Drake; but it never stuck. Last year I bought a Dell mini 9 with ubuntu reinstalled. I never looked back. My next computer will be a System 76! No more Windows or Mac for me!
    System76 Lemur running Ubuntu 16.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, all,

Thought I'd say hello, since I'm sure I'll need some help soon.

Recently got my dad a new PC, and thought, I know I'll save the old so & so a few quid, and install Linux.
    Well.... he only surf's a bit, so he doesn't need much..........

Duly installed KK 9.1 and said there you go, you old B*****r see how much damage you can do with that.

Next day, I get......

Bloody computer doesn't work
    "Can't get any sound out of it!"
    Scratch my head a bit, and think must be something I've done......
    it being a new PC an' all.
    So off I go to the forums to see what's up, within an hour all sorted!
    Since then......... I found out about Mythbuntu which was exactly what I needed, for my new home, all of a sudden I've been completely smitten with linux.
    No more *******!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Good morning, afternoon or evening

I am Jamie and I've been using Ubuntu since 8.04 and have searched the forum many times for answers but never signed up until a few day ago (I figure its time to put something back into the community thats helped me so much)

I am using Jaunty to write this post but soon i will have karmic or lucid and I will be windowless. (I get a little giddy to think how many hundreds of dollars I'm going to save by not feeding bill gates and the cool hardware that money is going to buy me) well that does it for me hope you can benifit from my posting and participating. I am fairly new to this but I've fixed my fair share of problems.

May the Ubuntu continue to be with you
    Last edited by node8472; April 19th, 2010 at 11:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi everyone,

I'm Steve and from West Yorkshire in the U.K been around these forums as a member for maybe a week now but looked over them before I built my system and installed karmic as it's only os.

I'll probs just be asking questions in the beginners forums for now while I get used to things. Hopefully once i'm sorted I'll be able to work on some artwork in gimp to post on here and maybe try making vids of my experiences with linux.

cya around

Beans

Hi all!

I'm Peter and I'm not exactly new to Ubuntu, but not a pro either... although I suppose I am considering the job I've found myself in, although I'll get to that in a bit. I first used Ubuntu about a year or two ago, at home, just for a little something different. Having used OpenSuse before that for a taster in Linux.

I've always loved messing around with computers, but never really thought of it as a possibility for a career, just a hobby until a couple of months ago I got a job in a charity, originally as an Administrator. No, not a system admin, or anything fun like that, the sort of Admin in charge of filing paperwork, and boring things like that until I showed some skills with computers, and I got put in charge of their IT infrastructure. That actually all happened in the first day, mind you.

So I told them the things I could do, set them up a basic home office Windows network (I know, the shame). Then I sort of showed them a few of the other things I could do, and before I knew it I'd convinced them (and myself) that I was going to set up a file server, a VPN to connect to our other branches, and a stock control system.

Bitten off more than I can chew? Maybe. I now have a proper Samba server running... which although I had to have two cracks at it, went reasonably smoothly. I'm aiming to get OpenVPN running at some point soon, but I reckon I'll need a static IP for it to work, and probably something else I can't think of (it's late and I've been drinking after winning some money on the football [soccer]). I also now have one person working for me in what is now MY department, and will be getting another soon, as long as the interviews go well.

I don't need any help at the moment, but I have used one, or, two of the how to's on here, so thought I'd sign up. I'll probably have to ask some (very) stupid questions at some point, but I'm sure you're used to that on here ... I have a habit of making my posts this long, this rambling and this pointless, but I think it adds a certain charm to my e-persona.

I'm sure I'll see you around as I ask stupid questions, make stupid mistakes and bite of more than I can even fathom, let alone chew. Don't be too harsh on me for it, though.

Page 2 of 389 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast