Page 142 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello am new to ubuntu started using it in April of this year and thanks to the guys here I was able to get connected still playing with it and haven't deleted Windows yet but... it is somewhat better with memory usage but still need to explore and play more. with the recent update got Skype working (one of the reasons to keep Windows).... I am pretty computer literate, used to work for the Evil Empire (Microsoft) in tech support but now I live in Greece and teach English. Love it here but with the problems with the government might have to move.... but thankfully have lots of options... (besides a good CV have 2 passports, US & UK)

Beans

Hi guys, nice to meet everyone, I'm Kiro and I've started with linux in 2009 when my brother showed me Fedora, then I proceeded with Ubuntu and fell in love with it!

Love the forums and all the online supporting information, couldn't have done it without y'all!

I'm also using Opensuse right now to test out btrfs and try to expand into other distros a bit.... Used pretty much every desktop environment i could lay my hands on!

Looking forward to troubleshooting with the best of em

Welcome to you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi,

I am on these forums since 2005 but not very active here so there is a need to re-introduce.

I have used almost all versions of Ubuntu since 5.04 on Laptops and Desktop including one Desktop having 32 MB RAM. At present I am using Ubuntu 12.04 on my office laptop HP Probook 4410s from my Home (it is Sunday) accessing net through Micromax 3G USB Modem.

I have installed Ubuntu on more then 25 machines of my friends and relatives during last 7 years but most are switching back to Windows but many people approach me to have it on pendrive.

My blog My Tryst with Linux is also 7 years old and gets around 2000 page views every month. The most popular page has been Debian Live LXDE persistent mode followed by How to password protect a file on Linux and Running Ubuntu Karmic on Intel 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset. This is not to advertise my blog but to tell that I have been an active Ubuntu user.

Kamalakar
    Last edited by kagashe; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: repeatition of words
    Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 with pre-installed Endless OS & Ubuntu 22.04 in dual boot
    Linux Registered User #395189
    Ubuntu user number # 345

Beans

Hi to all,

I used to be on the forum but due to a memory issue can't log into my old account. Just bought a new Pc, made me install 12.04 after a long life on 10.04. The new look brought me back to the forum(it's not for me). I am a hobby linux user, have not had any install of windows or Mac in the last 3+ years, and that's thanks to this forum.
    Anyway, glad to be back.

Beans

Hi All, I am now and I don't know how to start a new thread myself

Beans

Hi Everyone,
    I am Emily I started using Linux in 2006. My very first distro was OpenSuse 9.2 I started using Ubuntu a year ago and found very very easy to use and found it great to use on a laptop. Not my cup of coffee on a desktop. I have ubuntu on both my laptop and am in between distros on my desktop. I love anything Linux related.. Just wanted to stop by an say hello.. Would love to talk with some of you about linux... since 06 I have not able to shut up about how I think people should make the switch linux.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by InnaScouse View Post
    Hi all!
    I am Inna!
    I am new here.
    Glad to see you here Inna welcome to Ubuntu Linux

Beans

Hi Im Catherine and Im just new in this forum, hope that i'll learn more about Ubuntu )

Quote Originally Posted by kagashe View Post
    Hi,

I am on these forums since 2005 but not very active here so there is a need to re-introduce.

I have used almost all versions of Ubuntu since 5.04 on Laptops and Desktop including one Desktop having 32 MB RAM. At present I am using Ubuntu 12.04 on my office laptop HP Probook 4410s from my Home (it is Sunday) accessing net through Micromax 3G USB Modem.

I have installed Ubuntu on more then 25 machines of my friends and relatives during last 7 years but most are switching back to Windows but many people approach me to have it on pendrive.

My blog My Tryst with Linux is also 7 years old and gets around 2000 page views every month. The most popular page has been Debian Live LXDE persistent mode followed by How to password protect a file on Linux and Running Ubuntu Karmic on Intel 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset. This is not to advertise my blog but to tell that I have been an active Ubuntu user.

Kamalakar
    Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by mbzn01 View Post
    Hi to all,

I used to be on the forum but due to a memory issue can't log into my old account. Just bought a new Pc, made me install 12.04 after a long life on 10.04. The new look brought me back to the forum(it's not for me). I am a hobby linux user, have not had any install of windows or Mac in the last 3+ years, and that's thanks to this forum.
    Anyway, glad to be back.
    Welcome back, what was your old account name?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattboy View Post
    Hi All, I am now and I don't know how to start a new thread myself
    Hello, look for the new thread button:

Quote Originally Posted by InnaScouse View Post
    Hi all!
    I am Inna!
    I am new here.
    Welcome Inna

Quote Originally Posted by Smerpette View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I am Emily I started using Linux in 2006. My very first distro was OpenSuse 9.2 I started using Ubuntu a year ago and found very very easy to use and found it great to use on a laptop. Not my cup of coffee on a desktop. I have ubuntu on both my laptop and am in between distros on my desktop. I love anything Linux related.. Just wanted to stop by an say hello.. Would love to talk with some of you about linux... since 06 I have not able to shut up about how I think people should make the switch linux.
    Welcome to the Ubuntu Community.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyTalkInc View Post
    Hi Im Catherine and Im just new in this forum, hope that i'll learn more about Ubuntu )
    Hi

Page 142 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast