Page 1 of 389 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome to UbuntuForums!
    UbuntuForums is a forum where the Ubuntu community can help other people. Also, members of the forum can have a general natter in the Community Cafe.

If you are totally new to Ubuntu, you should visit the New to Ubuntu section, where we will help you out.

Why not say hello to everyone? Post your introduction here!
    Last edited by slickymaster; July 1st, 2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Replaced 'Absolute Beginner Talk' for 'New to Ubuntu'

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Forestpiskie! I like this thread you started. Real neat. Real eye cathcher!!
    Hi everyone. I'm Tom. Have been using Ubuntu since August 2008. Thanks to Forestpiskie and Paqman who helped me to get my feet wet so to speak and guided me in my adventures of installation and who have always been a great help to me when having problems. This is a great commuinty in assisting people with their problems and guiding "newbies" like myself. And I still consider myself to be a newbie due to always learning and asking. To me this is a very good flavor to install, learn and use.
    Thanks to everyone in this community for their great help and for putting up with some of my off the wall questions!

Tom
    Last edited by Georgia boy; April 10th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Debian Testing and Debian Stable
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running MX-18
    Ubuntu user Number:#31469, Linux Registered number:511570

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Agree with Georgia Boy: a nice idea!

Well, hi everyone I'm Mike. My first attempt to "switch to Linux" (over a year ago) wasn't very successful for Ubuntu 8.10 (or it was 8.04?) disliked the most of my hardware...

This January it was different. 9.10 Karmic installed and worked more or less OK, and great help of many people here in the forums allowed me to get rid of major problems. Thanx folks!!

Now all my household (3 comps for 3 family members) is using 10.04 beta 1... As well as all the company I work in! After getting more familiar to Ubuntu, I showed it to my colleagues - and seems I'm a good "sales agent for free stuff")))

All that is actually awesome)))

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello everyone ...I know it's cheesy but bear with me on the username after 10 hrs of terminal commands and package managing it soundid good hahaha ^_^
    I attend A technical college for telecommunications and I took PC hardware, Networking and all that good stuff and my teacher Opened my eyes to GNU/Linux /9.10 and i've been HOOKED! Plus I love the whole ideology... Of a community and friends and FREEDOM if you havent seen it yet WATCH Revolution OS it's amazing ^_^ well ...look forward to talking with everyone ....Will halt ...NOW!! hahaha
    Last edited by the_karmic_koala; April 12th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

Hi,

Just downloaded yesterday. Still busy reading up on tutorials and whatnot. It's a shame that technology from the matrix hasn't been invented yet; would be great if I could just thrust a sharp metal information spike into the back of my head and learn it all in a few seconds. Screw Mars!!! I want my sharp metal information spike!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Oh great, an introduction thread, now I can finally fulfil my dreams of living the role of a debutante
    Anyway : I've only been using Ubuntu for 9 days now and never had any experience with Linux at all before. The last time I've been doing anything at command prompt level was at the times of CP/M (which really shows my age!). Well, the last days have been an exciting learning process, I managed to get through a few initial glitches and now everything is running so much smoother. So many years I've been regarding it as normal that computer crash at least once per day, and that good software needs to be heavy on resources. If only I would have known Ubuntu or Linux earlier !

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Greetings, I am relatively new to Linux (first dipped my toes in August of 2008 and went full in September 2009) but am a fast learner.

I am obsessed with my birds and bad puns and white text

[I plan to add more later]
    Last edited by ubunterooster; July 30th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

GOoD dAy! I don't spend much time on my computer but i do use linux and spend my free time on these forums trying to help some with grub.
    Last edited by m4tic; January 25th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Behold! The internet...
    My god, it's full of ads.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hey peeps, I'm Matt, been an Ubuntu user for about 3 years at this point. I have been on these forums before, but didn't really use'em, more often than not someone has had my problem and was solved so a quick search did the trick. But I felt maybe it was time to interact with the community properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Excellent! Come on in.
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Page 1 of 389 1231151101 ... LastLast