Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome everyone

hg-knight, please have a look here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051
    If you wish to recover your previous account and the above post does not allow you to fix it by yourself, please start a thread in the Resolution Centre.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

snap ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    snap ...
    Yeppies, /me nijad by Elfy
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Hi! My name is Daniel Robinson. I'm joining the forums, because my Linux skills are rusty and were never that great to begin with. Tried out Redhat way back in the day when that was the major desktop distro and when I was sick of Windows 98. Found that Linux was too hard to get out of the beginner stage, back then. I'm hoping it's easier now.

I got back into it, because I was choosing between a Synology NAS or a build your own with a NAS4Free or FreeNAS distro. However, those OS seem very limited and not very dynamic. So, I installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my old MacBookPro to try out Ubuntu. I'm hoping to build a simple NAS, but my desire to use encryption and 'maybe' do more than just serve as a backup location is making me think about getting slightly upgraded components. We'll see.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by daniel41 View Post
    Hi! My name is Daniel Robinson. I'm joining the forums, because my Linux skills are rusty and were never that great to begin with. Tried out Redhat way back in the day when that was the major desktop distro and when I was sick of Windows 98. Found that Linux was too hard to get out of the beginner stage, back then. I'm hoping it's easier now.

I got back into it, because I was choosing between a Synology NAS or a build your own with a NAS4Free or FreeNAS distro. However, those OS seem very limited and not very dynamic. So, I installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my old MacBookPro to try out Ubuntu. I'm hoping to build a simple NAS, but my desire to use encryption and 'maybe' do more than just serve as a backup location is making me think about getting slightly upgraded components. We'll see.
    Hi Daniel,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums. I trust you will enjoy your time with us!

You are in exactly the right place to "tune up" your Linux skills. The best way to do that is to ask questions.

Have a good look around and join in whenever you wish - mainly, remember to have fun!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello, My name is Quinton Baker. I'm completely new to Linux but had a friend recommend it to me so I thought I would dual boot it with Windows. I've had it for a week now and still get really confused whenever I have to go to terminal but just follow online instructions and hope it works out. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing but I would like to learn more and I think with the knowledge of how it work and how much customization there is I could truly get to love this OS. I've installed 12.04 mint. Had no idea which one to go with so I don't know if there is one better for my needs/skills or not but this one seems pretty user friendly so far.

My friends are trying to get me to buy a Mac but I don't like how expensive they are when I could easily build the same comp for half the price. I don't want to pay that much just for an OS. But as I'm just barely starting to learn some about webpages and thinking I may get into the some development and maintenance. I think Linux will work well for this from what I've seen. Only just beginning so sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to go to Mac, so that I'm on the same OS when we talk and I'm trying to get something to work. But the programming language is the same regardless of OS, just a little different how we go about it sometimes. Anyway, I'd like to give this a go. I've done a lot of google searches getting everything set up but I think this could be a wonderful recourse when I'm hitting dead ends or just want to put it out there and not search everywhere and not fully understand what I'm doing.

Hoping for lots of help... and maybe someday i can return it.

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello folks! My name is Trevor and I'm glad to be a part of Ubuntu; I'm using the Christian Edition due to me being enrolled in a Roman Catholic course to become a priest.

I've used Ubuntu on and off for the last 15 yrs, but I've used Linux all of that time. I like my software 'free' much like my life: free to choose, free to use, etc. The study guides and resources are truly wonderful and informative. It should save me from purchasing the textbooks needed for the course - I'll wait and see.

To the creators of Ubuntu Christian Edition and Ubuntu - thank you ever so much for a wonderful OS. Your efforts are truly appreciated. If in any way I can assist in the OS I'll contribute whenever I can.

God Bless You.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome. You might try posting here for the Christian Edition:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168

Beans

Hi i am Mohammad Bawany I am a Full time Student who is really interested in learning linux and how to operate it.
    i also happen to be a very knowledgeable in the laptop/smartphone area and would love to know how to create custom roms for the phones and make the laptops run ubuntu

Beans

Hello,

My name is Ben, and I am a U.S. Navy Submariner. I've been using Linux almost exclusively for a couple of years now. I've bounced back and forth between Mint and Fedora. I've only recently began using Ubuntu (except that Mint is based off of Ubuntu, so I guess I've been using it a while).

Page 223 of 389 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast