Page 4 of 389 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Names Jon.
    I work as a Staff Technical Trainer for the military by day (I'm a contractor) and a linux newbie by night. I have been tinkering with linux since I found Ubuntu 8.04.

I recently registered here, but have been crawling the forums as an Anonymous user since I downloaded my first ISO.

I have tried a variety of distro's and always come back to *Ubuntu.

Anyhow, time to get back to work.

Beans

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! My name is Sandie, I'm 20 years old, currently enrolled in ITT Tech Atlanta South I'm taking up Computer Networking Systems and LOving IT!! This is the best decision I've made EVER! well I'm a Windows lover, Trying something new with Ubuntu!! Hope i like it

Beans

Hey! I'm Vinay Keerthi and I've been on the Linux scene for about eight months now. I've been using Linux Mint and I've loved every moment of it. I love looking up other distros and trying them out for a few hours on my eMachines eM250 Netbook. I prefer Gnome over KDE and so I've been sticking to using only Gnome based distros. I like writing and reading books, listening to music and watching anime, movies and a few sitcoms and oldschool cartoons.
    I've never been a real Ubuntu fan. I couldn't get the 9.10 UNR to work properly so I dropped all efforts and returned to it when Lynx came out. I actually kept checking the site every few hours to see if it had come out. I'm using it right now on a usb stick and it is fantastic! I know a lot of people are giving you a bad time with the decision to change the close/maximise/minimise icons to the left, but I say it's time to use something different. I've never used a Mac though, but yeah I hate Windows for wasting a lot of my time.
    I'm looking forward to using Lucid for a while and since it's an LTS I want to hang on to it for at least a year without a single format. That'll be a huge achievement for me, to be honest.
    And thank you Canonical for this awesome distro. I wish there was support for integrating exaile/Pidgin into it but well, I can get used to this too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi

Ive been using Linux for a while, like a long while Id guess. Never really had time to do much other than work. Im RETIRED at last so now have time and no money.

Mike

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone!
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just wanted to say hello to all. I am pleased to announce that "I am now Lucid".
    Oh yeah, I also installed Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on the computer.

Have a great day eh!
    ...................topCturV

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi everyone.

I've been using Ubuntu for a while now, and countless time a thread here solved my problems.

I feel it's long overdue that I introduce myself and start participating to the community

Beans

Hello I m David Mark from New York , 20 years old. I m new to this forum. I m here to get the assistance of senior members and I also would like to share my ideas and some useful information. I hope all of you would like my presence here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello, I'm Ant. I first tried Ubuntu at the Hardy stage when it breathed new life into an old IBM box. Last year I dual booted my Vista PC. Now I use Ubuntu on my netbook.

I come in peace seeking advice. Take me to your leader!

Beans

Hi. I have been using Ubuntu for over a year and I just registered on the forums yesterday.
    Last year I tried several live CD distros and Ubuntu was the only one that would work well with my hardware.
    Reading the forums here was a great help with getting Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 to work with my ATI graphics card.
    I just did a clean install of 10.04 and did not have to change any settings and have not had any graphics problems so far.

Thanks to everybody who helped me without even knowing it.

Tom
    Last edited by rattskjelke; May 5th, 2010 at 01:39 AM.

Page 4 of 389 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast