Page 192 of 389 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Greetings all,

Dr. Smith here,<no jokes from the other geezer geeks who remember the Jupiter 2> retired military physician who just wiped his new Windows 8 system and on the recommendation of my grandson installed Ubuntu.

I must say I'm impressed, as it is a more intuitive interface in my opinion. This is my first foray into the Linux world and so far everything has been a breeze to set up and use.

From reading the latest posts and tech articles it would seem exciting times are ahead for Ubuntu, something we can all look forward too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome Dr. Smith...is the Robot with you?
    Sorry, couldn't resist (big Lost In Space fan from the 60s)

Yep...that was my observation too...Ubuntu with the unity interface is much more intuitive then windows 8, for sure

Beans
    Hello Ubuntu fans ! Time for a brief introduction.

Registered a while ago and have mainly just lurked due to my graphics hardware problems on this family of distros.
    But now the problems have gone i've completely moved over from another distro that had been a mainstay for about 6 years.
    Being a Gnome fan the Ubuntu GNOME is approved as an official flavour announcement has sealed my committment to this move.
    Prior to that i had nothing to do with computing which looked too painful to be frank.
    Anyways i have a techie mind and enjoy answering newbie linux questions when not putting them myself !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Jonor View Post
    Hello Ubuntu fans ! Time for a brief introduction.

Registered a while ago and have mainly just lurked due to my graphics hardware problems on this family of distros.
    But now the problems have gone i've completely moved over from another distro that had been a mainstay for about 6 years.
    Being a Gnome fan the Ubuntu GNOME is approved as an official flavour announcement has sealed my committment to this move.
    Prior to that i had nothing to do with computing which looked too painful to be frank.
    Anyways i have a techie mind and enjoy answering newbie linux questions when not putting them myself !
    Hi Jonor,

A very big welcome from the Forums although I note you have been around for quite a while,

I'm glad you got your hardware problems sorted out and have found your niche,

You will be a very big assest here for helping out answering questions,

It's not all work though, many find interesting topics in the Cafe.

Most of all, have fun -

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Cheers BlinkinCat, thanks for the welcome, rest assured having fun here is near the top of my agenda

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hey Ubuntu forummers!

As you can probably tell, I am not completely new to the forums, I signed up in August last year, but stopped using the forums around December. I am back now! :3

Here is a brief introduction of me;

My name irl is Anthony. I am 14 years of age and I come from Australia. There isn't much to tell really.. But I am a high school student, going to a school with well over 1300+ students. It can be rather busy at times. At school, I really put my head down and try my hardest. (Even though the work is pretty easy.)
    But when I am outside of school, I am a pretty relaxed guy. I spend most of my free time writing music, programming, graphics editing and hanging out with friends. I am into Heavy Metal music (And most of it's sub genres, including : Deathcore, Metalcore, Death Metal, Black Metal, Progressive Post-Hardcore) and I like to do vocals. I write my own lyrics in my spare time, however I haven't recorded anything as of yet. Some of my influences include: Bring me the Horizon, House vs Hurricane, Northlane, Oh Sleeper, Emmure, Cannibal Corpse and Mushroomhead. I am also a pretty big gamer, mostly Skyrim. ^.^

I actually got into Linux because of my Uncle. He had Puppy Linux installed on his laptop one time and he showed me it's features and I was pretty impressed. I decided to download Ubuntu 11.10 (which was the newest at that time) and I installed it dual booting with Windows 7. I was so impressed with it, I deleted Windows 7 and made Ubuntu my main. I love Linux now! (except for a minor issue here and there) Some of the operating systems I have used include; gOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Puppy, Backtrack, xpLike, Macpup (Puppy based), Linux Live Gamers and a few others I cannot poke my memory for.

Sometimes, I can be a pretty smart person for my age, and sometimes I can be pretty stupid. Just depends on what sort of mood I am in. But if you get on my good side, and are after a friendly chat, or some computer assistance, I am your man.

If there is anything else you want to know about me, feel free to chuck me a pm! ^.^
    Last edited by Moose; March 15th, 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Beans

Hey everyone,
    my name is Alrun and I'm pretty much a complete Linux newby, so I'll need LOTS of help from you guys. If anyone should happen to have physics questions, I might be able to return the favour though

Beans

Hi there! I'm Juani, from Argentina, I installed Ubuntu 12.04 a few days ago, and I feel like a little kid with a new toy
    I'm a noob!

regards!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Hey Ubuntu forummers!

As you can probably tell, I am not completely new to the forums, I signed up in August last year, but stopped using the forums around December. I am back now! :3

Here is a brief introduction of me;

My name irl is Anthony. I am 14 years of age and I come from Australia. There isn't much to tell really.. But I am a high school student, going to a school with well over 1300+ students. It can be rather busy at times. At school, I really put my head down and try my hardest. (Even though the work is pretty easy.)
    But when I am outside of school, I am a pretty relaxed guy. I spend most of my free time writing music, programming, graphics editing and hanging out with friends. I am into Heavy Metal music (And most of it's sub genres, including : Deathcore, Metalcore, Death Metal, Black Metal, Progressive Post-Hardcore) and I like to do vocals. I write my own lyrics in my spare time, however I haven't recorded anything as of yet. Some of my influences include: Bring me the Horizon, House vs Hurricane, Northlane, Oh Sleeper, Emmure, Cannibal Corpse and Mushroomhead. I am also a pretty big gamer, mostly Skyrim. ^.^

I actually got into Linux because of my Uncle. He had Puppy Linux installed on his laptop one time and he showed me it's features and I was pretty impressed. I decided to download Ubuntu 11.10 (which was the newest at that time) and I installed it dual booting with Windows 7. I was so impressed with it, I deleted Windows 7 and made Ubuntu my main. I love Linux now! (except for a minor issue here and there) Some of the operating systems I have used include; gOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Puppy, Backtrack, xpLike, Macpup (Puppy based), Linux Live Gamers and a few others I cannot poke my memory for.

Sometimes, I can be a pretty smart person for my age, and sometimes I can be pretty stupid. Just depends on what sort of mood I am in. But if you get on my good side, and are after a friendly chat, or some computer assistance, I am your man.

If there is anything else you want to know about me, feel free to chuck me a pm! ^.^
    Hi Anthony - I like your "brief" introduction. A big welcome back to the Forums from another Aussie.

With your experience you should fit in very well helping others -

Quote Originally Posted by owlrun View Post
    Hey everyone,
    my name is Alrun and I'm pretty much a complete Linux newby, so I'll need LOTS of help from you guys. If anyone should happen to have physics questions, I might be able to return the favour though
    A very big welcome to the Forums Alrun - There are many newbys around here, so you are certainly not alone.

Ask as many questions as you wish and you will be an expert in no time -

Quote Originally Posted by juanovic View Post
    Hi there! I'm Juani, from Argentina, I installed Ubuntu 12.04 a few days ago, and I feel like a little kid with a new toy
    I'm a noob!

regards!
    Hi Juani, welcome to you - I know exactly what you mean about a kid with a new toy.

Enjoy your stay with the Forums and have fun -

Cheers to all three of you -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello everyone

My name's Fran and I'm a 24 year old guy from Barcelona. I've been using Linux since I was a teenager but, for work and study reasons, eventually switched to OS X the moment I bought a MacBook Pro almost three years ago. Luckily for me, I missed the feeling of being part of the Open Source community so here I am, switching back from the closed-minded word of Apple (in terms of software development, no intention to flame here) to the free/libre world of Ubuntu and GNU/Linux.

It has been a while since I played with those Debian, Slackware, Gentoo and Arch distros and bearing into mind that Apple hardware is sadly not so well supported on real free software I'm giving a shot to Ubuntu, with which I had my own perks and headaches inside the GNU/Linux panorama these past years.

I've planned a personal roadmap in order to catch up with the community and review my skills, so I'll be posting my experiences on how to make everything on my MacBook Pro 5,5 work like a charm. I've already read lots of good documentantion, but I'm willing to sum up everything specific to my model in order to learn better how my system works and, who knows, maybe help others!

So I'm not extending myself no more. I'm happy to be here and willing to share bits and bytes of good advice and help!

Cheers!

Page 192 of 389 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast