Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by joshuariley View Post
    Hello World! My name is Joshua Riley. I am a student at Santa Fe College in Gainesville, Fl currently working on an A.S. in Networking Tech. as well as an A.S. in Internet Services. Just stopping in to introduce myself. I also created a custom live cd for one of my linux classes and am going to find the appropriate place to stick my tutorial. Hopefully some other people out there will get some help from it in the future.~
    Hi Joshua, A big welcome to you from all in the forums.

I see that you have got your tutorial out there - I trust it all goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
    Hello all, my real name is Barry. I work at a supermarket, and for hobbies I play guitar, read, and surf the net. I decided a couple of months ago that my little Asus Eee PC netbook could use something lighter than Win7 to chew on, so it was as good a time as any to take the Linux plunge. After trying a bunch of distros (Ubuntu family and others) I settled on Lubuntu. It flies compared to Windows or the other distros I tried, so I'm quite happy! I started with 12.10 and upgraded to 13.10 the other day, which went flawlessly.
    Hi Barry, a big welcome to you too!

Glad that your upgrade to Lubuntu 13.04 went well.

To both of you I think you will find that you will enjoy your stay here - we are a very friendly bunch.

Have a good look around to see where you may further your interests. Ask as many questions as you wish.

All the best to you both - cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

green hand to this forum

Dear friends,
    i am a new hand to this forum .I hope somebody can teach me how to use the forum .And want to make friends .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: green hand to this forum

Hi and welcome to the forum. It helps if you post in the right section. A post like this could have gone into the Cafe section. If you need help in fixing a problem with Ubuntu then please read this thread before posting

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1422475

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Hello joshuariley and BazBear! Welcome to UbuntuForums!
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

First of all I'd like to start by saying "Hi I'm Todd and I'm new to the forums and Linux based OS's for PC's and Ubuntu kicks major backside." Secondly I'd like to tell everyone how I came to be on Ubuntu Forums. I installed Ubuntu about 2 days ago AEST along side Windows XP. I wanted to install it a while back but wasn't "brave" enough to. I started watching YouTube videos about Linux OS's last week and the more Ubuntu was mentioned the more I wanted to install it. After a few days of being on YouTube I downloaded 13.04 then burnt it to a disc and attempted to install Ubuntu over the top of XP. FAIL. Then I ran the recovery disc for the laptop I'm using (Toshiba M-100) which happens to be my gf's old computer. I deleted the whole partition and tried to install Ubuntu again. This time the installation was successful. I rebooted only to find out it wouldn't boot Ubuntu. So I went and installed XP again then quickly inserted the Ubuntu disc while the laptop rebooted for a second attempt at installing Ubuntu along side XP. Finally a successful install and I let the computer do it's thing. As the boot menu popped up I saw the options I had to choose from. Not being able to decide I just sat there thinking: "Do I boot XP or Ubuntu?" After a few seconds of thinking, I decided just to get the Windows side of things over with and concentrate on Ubuntu. But before I could select XP Ubuntu got impatient and decided for me. So I just went with it. I spend hours on end exploring what I can only explain as "PURE COMPUTING BLISS". I didn't even get to boot into XP that night because I was having way too much fun with the awesomeness of this great and powerful OS. It wasn't until I got out of bed today that I was able to actually boot up XP and fix it to my liking. You really do notice a huge difference in performance when you switch between the two. UBUNTU FTW!!!!

P.S. Sorry if there's too much to read but it was more than I planned to say.

See you in the forums,
    Swappiness.
    Last edited by Swappiness; May 5th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi Todd,

A very big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums.

Thanks for your contribution of how the installation went for you.

I'm glad you got over your problems and ended up with a clean install. Have a good look around the forums - it is quite active right now.

You will find us to be a friendly crowd here. I trust you will be with us for many years.

cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello, peoples im new to Ubuntu since i only program and browse the internet i thought mmm why waste money on windows when i can switch to Ubuntu for free its better and more stable IMO my I.T teacher got me interested in Linux based operating systems i have used Linux in the past, but to all those geeks out there i know Linux is the kernel and GNU/LInux is the operating system anyway i thought i would introduce myself to the Ubuntu Forums sadly my favoruite teacher in the entire school which was my IT teacher got arrested for murder a few months ago and he was not caught for 21 years which was scarey :/ owell i won't go into details, but yeah i also love caffeine and coffee also ignore the spelling please im not so good at it :/ im tons better with python though
    Last edited by gigasea; May 8th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well, seeing as how I've been lurking around here for the past few days, I thought I might as well say hi. So, hi there! You don't get to know my name, everyone except my parents calls me Werne anyway. I wish my parens would too but nooo.

Unlike some here I'm neither new to Ubuntu nor am I new to Linux, I just never had a Linux OS on my own PC until about 6 months ago. Also, while my join date says I joined 4 months ago, I forgot about this forum so count me as a new guy.

Even though using Ubuntu wasn't as smooth as I hoped, I managed to get it working right after a while. And I can't say I like most of Ubuntu distributions, I especially dislike Ubuntu itself, that Unity desktop is too oversimplified for me and I really hate Amazon and the rest of those things that come with it. That would be why I'm currently using a stripped-down version of Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10 running on gnome-fallback, doesn't look as great as Debian 7 with GNOME Shell which I have as a second OS but it works perfectly and boots fast once I removed all the things that made problems.

Anyhow, just popped in to say hi. Since I kinda like the way this forum looks, I think I'll stick around for a while.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gigasea View Post
    Hello, peoples im new to Ubuntu since i only program and browse the internet i thought mmm why waste money on windows when i can switch to Ubuntu for free its better and more stable IMO my I.T teacher got me interested in Linux based operating systems i have used Linux in the past, but to all those geeks out there i know Linux is the kernel and GNU/LInux is the operating system anyway i thought i would introduce myself to the Ubuntu Forums sadly my favoruite teacher in the entire school which was my IT teacher got arrested for murder a few months ago and he was not caught for 21 years which was scarey :/ owell i won't go into details, but yeah i also love caffeine and coffee also ignore the spelling please im not so good at it :/ im tons better with python though
    Hi gigasea,

Welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - There are plenty of coffee drinkers in the Cafe -

That is sad news about your teacher, I hope it didn't affect you too much.

You may well get plenty of help if needed from our programming forum ask any questions you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Werne View Post
    Well, seeing as how I've been lurking around here for the past few days, I thought I might as well say hi. So, hi there! You don't get to know my name, everyone except my parents calls me Werne anyway. I wish my parens would too but nooo.

Unlike some here I'm neither new to Ubuntu nor am I new to Linux, I just never had a Linux OS on my own PC until about 6 months ago. Also, while my join date says I joined 4 months ago, I forgot about this forum so count me as a new guy.

Even though using Ubuntu wasn't as smooth as I hoped, I managed to get it working right after a while. And I can't say I like most of Ubuntu distributions, I especially dislike Ubuntu itself, that Unity desktop is too oversimplified for me and I really hate Amazon and the rest of those things that come with it. That would be why I'm currently using a stripped-down version of Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10 running on gnome-fallback, doesn't look as great as Debian 7 with GNOME Shell which I have as a second OS but it works perfectly and boots fast once I removed all the things that made problems.

Anyhow, just popped in to say hi. Since I kinda like the way this forum looks, I think I'll stick around for a while.
    Hi Werne - A big welcome to you too! Glad to see you got your last problem sorted out.

Also glad to see you are doing your own thing with your OS - Linux gives us all many choices.

Anyway, to both of you, have a good look around and join in when you wish.

Best wishes and cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Smile The Ashton Lewis Group Here! Greetings Guys!

Just wanted to say Hi to all! Im new here! I know i will enjoy being part of this community site!

Regards to all,
    The Ashton Lewis Group

Page 206 of 389 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast