Page 288 of 389 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm Dylan, I'm an experienced python programmer and fell in love with Ubuntu many years ago, I have been off and on since, but ever since i found out about Wine and realized that Photoshop and word 2007 works with it, I decided to make the switch, Its the perfect OS since I'm a programmer and have a crummy core 2 duo machine Ubuntu for me is really fast compared to windows and much more stable

also I'm a coffee drinker, I drink so much coffee that I can't even sit still

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_Morshead View Post
    ... also I'm a coffee drinker, I drink so much coffee that I can't even sit still
    Welcome. Hide the kettle when the heart palpitations start! I gave up coffee about thirty years ago and had dreams about pouring buckets of coffee down my throat for about a fortnight.

Beans

Hi there.

Back with Ubuntu after 4 years 'abroad' using other distros. This time it seems I'm here permanently, as I don't have time to tinker around, but need something plug&play, that looks good so I can be productive (not an IT professional)

Beans

Maybe i should have posted here to start out with, anyways since I don't use real name online (except my website) my username is benrob0329. I started out with GNU/Linux about two years ago (might have been more or less, time flies!), Starting off with LinuxMint, then back to Windows 7, then Ubuntu (duel boot), Ubuntu-Gnome (duel boot with Windows, again), then I tried to install Lubuntu (destroyed Windows, YAY!!! ), and then looked at Xubuntu, and installed. XFCE is my favorite Desktop Enviroment now. Then I Installed Arch+Enlightenment on my laptop and broke the networking the same night. Then I installed Xubuntu on my laptop, until I somehow turned off WIFI on a hardware level and couldn't turn it back on. So I resorted Windows and then installed Arch+XFCE, used that for a few days, then got tired of the fonts looking really bad and installed Xubuntu once again.

I'm the Co-Owner of the to be company INNOVATION-Plex (innovationplex.com), and a self-proclaimed Geek!

Beans

Smile Hey

Hello guys! I just installed ubuntu for the first time and I thought I'd check out the forums. It seems pretty nice so far. Everyone seems pretty friendly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@Jacob_Toler, your thread has been merged into the forums introduction thread.

Welcome!
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Cool Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi im James otherwise known as Faded(TheFadedBrit) im a h4rdcore gamer from the uk and i love linux in general i have only a few faves but recommend it on a whole. I have a custom built ganming rig with windows and linux running side by side. Im currently in the process of learning jav coding so hopefully in the near future i will be an ace at it. Well i dont really know what else to say other than HI! and nice to meet you all!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hey guys. I've technically been an UbuntuForums member for quite a while, but haven't posted much. I've been using Linux on and off for the last eight years, and consistently for the last two or three years. I've tried tens of distributions. Everything from Arch to Linux Mint, and I've settled on Ubuntu. Why? Because I use my computer for A LOT of things. I need to have as much support for things like netflix, wine, gaming, and I want the newest stuff that comes to Linux. If I'm a software company, and I want to start supporting Linux, what distro do I use to test my software? Ubuntu. Because it's the most popular. So, here I am. I've been around the block a little bit, though I wouldn't call myself a Linux expert.

I'm about to graduate from a public California University with a bachelors in Computer Science, though I've never really coded for Linux much. I've got aspirations to do so though.

I love to learn, so I'll ask here. Is there a section on this forum about writing programs for Ubuntu or GNU/Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome, DanielWEWO (and all newcomers). This is what you're looking for.

When looking for specific sections, please see here. Enjoy!

Page 288 of 389 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast