Page 164 of 389 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi,

My name is Gregg and I'm an alcoh...wait. Wrong support group.

<AHEM> I have finally got off of the Windows tit. I have tried Ubuntu a few times before but never had the time to learn the system. I started messing around with Android and slowly started to realize that everything is based off of the Linux Source Code. I started getting pretty involved in ROM and app development and much of my time was dedicated to this. <insert girlfriend rolling eyes here> I have since sold my Android phone and now using a prepaid service. I just didn't like the prices of my services. Now I have time to dedicate to learning Ubuntu and the whole Linux realm.

If anyone has any advice as to where I should even start, please let me know.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, recently joined and only did my 2nd installation of ubuntu a few weeks ago. The first one, a few years ago, was on an old pc which was getting to slow for the kids games. After the install i got GTA SA working with wine.
    Now I decided to build a media server and NAS. Bought a case and MinITX MB which holds 6 sata slots (started with 3 * 3TB disks ) and installed 12.04 sever on it (and have the OS on a usb 3.0 stick). First thing I installed was webmin. After configuring the disk (some partitions combinations raid5, raid1 and "normal") shared them using samba.
    Installed plex media server and now playing happily 1080p movies directly to my samsung HDTV or stream to the ipad or iphone even when i'm not @ home.

I got a small issue after upgrading to my iPhone to iOS6 while using AirPrint (which i also installed in the meantime). But with the help of others in this forum we found a workaround. I'm sure a fix is due soon.

have fun all and don't be afraid asking for help.
    Last edited by Sven Verhaegen; September 28th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Welcome everyone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Name : Jesse, call me Nova.
    ____________________________Machine Specs____________________________
    Lenovo G780
    Intel Core i5
    Nvidia GeForce GT630M
    Windows 7
    4 GB RAM
    ____________________________Linux Box_________________________________
    Acer Aspire ONE
    Intel Atom
    Integrated
    Ubuntu Linux ver. 11.10
    1 GB RAM

Beans

Post Introduction

hello fellow ubuntu members!!my name is Jole Ann, a new unbuntu from Philippines! Sorry if I post a new thread here because I can't found if where the introduction is.I join here to be a part of your community and also to share and acquire idea here!

Jole ann

la..la..la
    la..la..la

Beans

Threads merged.

And welcome

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, my name's greatsirkain and I'm an alc...wrong thread..
    Wasn't sure I was going to stick around when I first joined but everyone was so helpful and friendly, especially after my first 'demand' for information (which I've noticed happens alot and you guys just take it on the chin)....Well long story short, I'd rather be helping the obtuse than feeding the beast so I'm here to do what I can

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Welcome to UbuntuForums!
    UbuntuForums is a forum where the Ubuntu community can help other people. Also, members of the forum can have a general natter in the Community Cafe.

If you are totally new to Ubuntu, you should visit the Absolute Beginner Talk section, where we will help you out.

Why not say hello to everyone? Post your introduction here!
    Dear friends:

I Live in spain and I bought a toshiba ac100.
    I would like to use ubuntu 12.04 on this latop but at the momment it was impossible.
    Is there any one able to help me is spanish language?
    Is there anyone living in Madrid?

Regards
    alex

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

HI , myself veeramuthu.

I am new to ubuntu forums.. I am a newbee to linux and ubuntu. And very interested in learning linux.

Currently bought Toshiba AC100 netbook. So exploring that system with Ubunut OS.

Please help me in getting tegra accelerated drivers for armhf architecture as I could not find from any of ubuntu links for 12.04.1

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hey there!
    I've been on ubuntu since 10.10 also have tried fedora, arch and now trying debian 6 as server machine

Page 164 of 389 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast