Page 70 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Thought I'd say Hi. I've been trolling the forums for a while now, but hadn't noticed the introduction thread. Please forgive my rudeness.

I started my Linux adventure a few months back when I got more than slightly annoyed at Microsoft for their choice to withhold IE 9 from even Vista which is currently maintained. Not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade my computer to an OS that doesn't corrupt my ini files for sport, I installed Ubuntu through WUBI to try it out.

As time passed, I decided to go for a dual boot option while I let the rest of the family get used to the new OS.

This forum has made that transition so much easier because I can get good answers to hard problems. So far, I haven't even needed to ask a question yet since the answers are already there.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have to agree with Brian ^^^^ I've been on here for some time without introducing myself...how rude!

Anyway, I've been interested in ubuntu for a few years now. my college's network didn't support anything but windows, but now that i have moved on & graduated, i no longer need their network clients and anti virus nonsense.

I don't know much of anything when it comes to ubuntu but i'm a quick learner. also, if anyone needs help with their philosophy homework, let me know

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi,

My Name is Hamlet, I'm a computers enthusiast! I fell in love with Ubuntu back in 2006 but was not able to use it for a While, so a year ago, I decided to stop using Windows, and 1 Year later I'm alive, and must say that Linux makes you feel like the matrix, "Windows is the reality that has been placed before your eyes" once you wake up, you realize you have been missing out!

My main goal is to make those cups of tea into Big Muggs of coffee

Nice to meet you all!

Sincerely,

Hamlet Perez

Beans

Hi to all! I'm new to this website. I hope you guys could help me out. I'm Duke by the way

Beans

Hi, I am Nick from USA just join this community need your welcome hope that i ll gain so much from here

Welcome aboard

Beans

HI!
    I enjoy learning about new sites like the this one in which I can learn from others. I am interested in Health products and also Relationship coaching techniques. I use both for my business. I am a mom with 5 kids and a big Siberian cat.
    I hope to meet some of you and look forward to making healthy connections!

I have a YouTube site that shows many of my interests...You can see it here.
    YouTubeVideos
    Have a great day!

Deelyn W.

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi, all! I just noticed this thread, and thought it'd be only polite to introduce myself. I started using Ubuntu two weeks ago, after deciding to give myself a 30-day challenge to use it as exclusively as possible. Being a high school math teacher, at the end of the school year, I knew that I probably couldn't go exclusive, given that I had to write exams and stuff, and might not have time to research and learn the alternate programs. So far, I've been able to write my tests almost exclusively, although I have had a few times when I had to switch back to Win7 because of a Geometry diagram that I just couldn't get quite right in GeoGebra. I'm pretty sure that my personal challenge is going to turn into a almost-full-time thing for me.

Beans

Hi I am new to Linux. I have dabbled. I am using ubuntu 11.04 on one of my harddrives. I like it so far but I have yet to get any assistance on getting my g510 gaming keyboard working (g15deamon) is buggy with Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04. I am also having a hard time getting city of heroes installed via wine. I have been on the wine forum and ubuntu forums and so far nothing. None of the suggestions on the wine forum have worked and no ones replied to the post I made on the ubuntu forums.

I am not begrudging anyone accept for companies like logitech and Ncsoft. In logitech case they need provide a sdk to the Linux community, and NCsoft for their part wrote a launcher that only works on windows and crapintosh. NCsoft had a coh launcher that work reasonably well with wine but the new launcher is crapola.

I wish there were more gamers in the linux community than there are now. It might make things a little more easier.

On the plus side Nvidia has done a good job of making video drivers for linux. Linux of course runs faster, and I swear the picture quality from the movies I watch is crisper. Maybe that is just me. Its very secure and several other good points.

I think it will continue to get better once more and more companies quit being cowards and give us some better support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just recently decided to try out Linux and Ubuntu was the one that was recommend to me. so far I am quite pleased with it. This forum has already come in handy so I'm sure I'll be around.

Page 70 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast