Page 173 of 389 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome to the forums all you new Ubuntu and Linux users.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

Hello people,

I'm Dirk, from the Netherlands I'm new with linux, i started experimenting with it a few months ago. the first distro i had was Ubuntu I use Linux on my little netbook and as dual boot with windows on my desktop. At the moment my netbook is running Lubuntu 12.04, and my desktop Ubuntu 12.10.

I'm 17 years old, not so good in english (i learned it myself, getting better at it evry day )

that was about it i think.

cya all on forum

Beans

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in Linux, I have been using Linux for two years in this point. Now I would improve my knowledge in Linux. If you can help me with this goal, I will be grateful. Nowadays I work with Ubuntu 12.04 in a VMware virtual machine in my desktop and Ubuntu 12.04 in my Laptop

we see in the forum

Beans

Hi Everyone,

I installed my first version of Ubuntu (12.10) last weekend in preparation for talking to the BeagleBone my family bought me for Christmas. First Linux install in a long time. I currently code on Aix at work and before that on various flavours of Unix over the last 25 years. Previously used Red Hat and FreeBSD in the 90s and SCO Unix and Xenix before that.

By contrast, I found the Ubuntu installation to be a very troubling experience - there was nothing for me to do. Just sat back and watched while it all happened.

So far it seems a beautifully crafted product (challenges still to come?). It's good to be back.

iMac71 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

Hi everyone,
    I'm quite a newbie regarding to Linux.
    I decided to switch to Ubuntu (more precisely, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin) since I realized that I should have to change my iMac with a more recent model for having an updated system and an updated software, while all this is unnecessary with Ubuntu.
    My preferred desktop environment is Unity, since it remembers the one of Mac OSX (the launcher is quite similar to Apple dock).

Beans

Hello there!

I'm a Linux noob. I've installed Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 on a pair of old Athlon XP PCs that I built ages ago, both with just 512MB DDR1. Both are Wubi installs for the time being. My main reason for going with Linux was to extend the life of these machines. I may have to go with lubuntu or something like Puppy Linux for that to be practical for much more than ordinary web surfing, or bite the bullet and upgrade my hardware anyway. But I am here, using Ubuntu online, with great help from forum members squakie, DuckHook, and Bucky Ball.
    Last edited by JHawk56; December 16th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JHawk56 View Post
    Hello there!

I'm a Linux noob. I've installed Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 on a pair of old Athlon XP PCs that I built ages ago, both with just 512MB DDR1.
    Welcome JHawk56!

Older machines can still do a great job as file, media and print servers. You can reduce the footprint a lot by install the server version of Ubuntu, once you are more experienced with the command line.

Good luck!
    henry

Beans

Hi everyone! I, like many others, am a noob. Not a complete noob, but somewhat...

Anyways, I am still currently in the process of downloading Ubuntu. A very helpful staff member is helping me.

Thanks!

Beans

back to using linux again. its been a lil while, but i missed it. i was hesitant about using the unity interface, but after a week or so, im getting used to it.

Beans

Hi everyone!
    I'm new on this forum, and I'm new in the world of Ubuntu.
    I would ask you to report any mistakes in grammar.
    Said this
    Than you!

Page 173 of 389 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast