Page 209 of 389 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone, I'm somewhat new here and thought i'd introduce myself. My name is Ken I am 33 and i've been using linux for almost 10 years, i've been using it exclusively for about 4 years. Currently i'm running Xubuntu 13.04 and enjoying it. I am a perpetual distro hopper so if you ask me next week what i'm using my answer will probably change. I'm glad to be here and I hope to be as active as possible.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm somewhat new here and thought i'd introduce myself. My name is Ken I am 33 and i've been using linux for almost 10 years, i've been using it exclusively for about 4 years. Currently i'm running Xubuntu 13.04 and enjoying it. I am a perpetual distro hopper so if you ask me next week what i'm using my answer will probably change. I'm glad to be here and I hope to be as active as possible.
    Hi Ken, A big welcome to you from all on the forums,

I too am using Xubuntu 13.04 and enjoying it thoroughly - I'm unlikely to change until I have to.

You've certainly been around linux for some time and now that you're here I trust your relationship with the forums is long and fruitful.

There are many helpful people here if you ever run into any problems although it sounds as if you won't.

Many get involved with the various other thread available.

Anyway Ken, good luck and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Talking A newbie greetings

Hey everyone! I'm rather new to Ubuntu (maybe a month) and am proud to say that I've gotten rid of windows from my computers. I'm still toying around with other distros, like mint (lasted a week) and downloading debian to see where Ubuntu came from. I'm also learning about the relationship between the kernel and hardware. Thats a long story, but its interesting to note that I never really cared until I started using ubuntu. Anyway, I'm having a ton of fun and hope to continue learning as much as I can. Who knew learning about the shell, kernel and hardware would be fun?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hi to all the new people.

Beans

Hello everyone, I am a total newbie when it comes to Ubuntu. With the release of Windows8 it made me look for a different alternative for my computer. My friend is all about Linux and kept pushing me to switch from Windows for a while now. Well I finally caved in ....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSox View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a total newbie when it comes to Ubuntu. With the release of Windows8 it made me look for a different alternative for my computer. My friend is all about Linux and kept pushing me to switch from Windows for a while now. Well I finally caved in ....
    Welcome and good luck with it. The forum is always here if you run into any brickwalls. Post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum (not this one) with a descriptive title and you're away.

Welcome to all other newcomers, too.

Beans

Greetings all,

I am known as Greenlion however on some gaming forums I go by Greenlion420.

I'm not sure why I waited till now to join these forums as I've been getting help here for over a year now. Thanks, by the way.

I have been building systems for 20 years now and as soon as I switched to Linux/Ubuntu (Xubuntu at the moment) the answer to a question that has haunted me for years was answered. I'm sure there's more than a few hardware sculpters here who can relate to this one. I, like most halfway intelligent tech-heads, pick my hardware very carefully to ensure optimized compatability and while I'm not always able to afford the latest and greatest components I most certainly do not buy junk. Yet at the completion of each build, after installing windows and all the drivers needed by the system I would find myself a little let down. I hand picked these components yet the perfomance was never quite what I thought it should be. Every one of my builds worked, some were quite zippy but no "pop". It's like it was all preparation and no "H". I just (after a few years) assumed that I was expecting too much and I was right, but it wasn't a hardware issue after all, nope. The first time I installed Ubuntu on a new build (requested by a friend) there seemed to be this glow emanating from the system case, turned out to be a lighted fan on the psu, but after booting up guess what? There was the "pop", the "H" I had been looking for!

I knew I was doing something not quite right but I assumed it was the hardware, silly me. Anyway, I wiped my windows partition about a year ago and I'm not going back. You folks are stuck with me.

Beans

Hi, I'm Tim. Have been lurking on these forums since I started with 11.10 Now this Dell Inspiron is running 12.04 LTS with LXDE, (now that I have this thing's broadcom driver figured out,) while winblows 7 sits suspended in a virtual machine to be resumed when I actually need to use it.

I figured after lurking on this site (for technical help) this long, I may as well introduce myself

Edit: because I can ALMOST type...lol
    Last edited by DCO; May 21st, 2013 at 05:37 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

And welcome to you!

Beans

Hey y'all!

LGOPs here! Have been lurking on the forums for some time (needed support) and well I now have mostly everything under hand now. I am by no means a stranger to linux. I first heard about it while attending high school (97-01). Never really dealt with it until I went out and bought SUSe 9 (I think it was...) then gave up (18 month deployment didn't help) as I started to have some technical problems. Fast forward about 6 years and some how I came across Ubuntu (12.04). Anyways I'm liking it thus far. I have several machines running an open source Linux (OpenSUSe, Ubuntu, and CENT OS). I'm actually looking into automating my greenhouse and Linux seemed the way to go as I am doing this as a DYI project (I run Mac and Win as well). I actually have a lot of projects that are being developed that will use Linux.

Page 209 of 389 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast