Page 140 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi,

I am a complete novice when it comes to anything that does not say microsoft. However several associates have been beating me around the ears for years telling me how much simpler my life would be if I would embrace ubuntu so I am going to give it a shot.

Not knowing a darn thing about ubuntu other than how to spell it where do you start?

I managed to get in installed under oracles vm box and it boots but how do i navigate to where i need to go, things like email, document editing, spreadsheets, browsing the web?

is there a windows like front end that u can use while learning about ubuntu?

Thanks for any help any one can offer.

JD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hey JD!

Welcome! What version of Ubuntu did you install? The current 12.04 LTS has a great user interface and comes with Firefox for web browsing, Thunderbird for your mail client, and LibreOffice for your "MS Office" needs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hai I'm Deepak from India!!

Started with Ubuntu 10.10 for fun but realised the real worth of it. Now at presently using 12.04LTS.

I'm an ameture now, but joined the forum just a month ago and is finding it very useful.

Beans

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

My name is nowhereman2 (nowhereman in some other places). I am very new to linux and I am trying to get the knowledge to maintain my own install. I am running 10.04 and am enjoying the OS, but still need to learn more so that my irritated friends will not have to hear me bang my head on the keyboard any longer. I also consider it to be good to expand my horizons. Sure I can fix 95% of windows problems, but I know basically nothing about linux and ubuntu.

Anyway that is me, so rock out people.

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome to all

Beans

Wow, this thread is getting really long!

Good sign!

Hello everyone, hope to see you guys around the forum!
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Vriendelike Groete, Hallo en Konichiwa!

Hey guys

I've created the profile a while ago but didn't want to post out right, first looked around to see what is going on and how the community is like.

Well, here goes, my post

I've mostly used Microsoft products in the past, but I was lucky to get some exposure to SuSe and Slackware about a good 8 or 9 years ago, and I really liked the idea of being limitless, I like the thought of creating something that suits you as a person.

Sadly the little geek in my went underground after I started switched from (LAN/WAN field technician who worked with servers and software everyday for a ITS company) at that stage to a wireless telecommunications technician climbing radio masts etc.

Now, a few good years later I've decided to re-kindle my love for linux and so I decided on ubuntu after recommendation from a friend, and I am glad to say that I am enjoying the the desktop edition extremely.

Hope to make a valuable contribution at some stage, but in the mean time I just want to say thanks in advance for the giants on who's shoulders I will be building my solutions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Vriendelike Groete, Hallo en Konichiwa!

Moved to the Cafe, as this isn't a support question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hi rubiconza. Welcome to the forums!

I hope you have lots of fun in this endeavour, and don't forget to come here often!

Regards.
    Last edited by papibe; May 31st, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome friend and "vriendelike groete vir jou ook". I started with Ubuntu in 2008 and never looked back. Have not touched microsoft since then. I currently run Ubuntu 12.04 and also use Linux Mint 13. Linux is a lot of fun and this is a great community. Help is always just around the corner. Have fun with linux. Wish you a nice day.

Page 140 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast