Page 124 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone,

Started using Ubuntu about a year ago because my better half thinks girls that use Linux are hot. Most of my experience is with Windows, but I'm figuring things out....slowly, but surely.

Beans

Hello

Just built my first linux box at home and after trying a few different distros I'm on Ubuntu 11.10. Some of our production equipment (17 boxes) were upgraded recently from some slackware to Ubuntu as well..

Trying to get samba up and running on this pc for file sharing and almost there, that's my first order of business. Then I can get one built for at work to give everyone a secure central location to store data. I'm also interested in playing with the gui as well to customize it. Currently enrolled in an into Linux class at the local tech school and we have fedora there. Not that it really matters as that class is 100% command line which is nice, reminds me of the dos days!

Beans

Hi!

My first step with linux was many years ago. My roommate used Debian and tried to convince me to use that distro. At that time it was to difficult form me. A thought tak Windows XP is better and much more user friendly. At those days I liked Windows. Few years passed and I started to think: what about trying linux? I started dwo or three times and dropped it. My knowledge on linux was so poor, what I couldn't get my laptop started properly. I tried Gentoo, Debian and finished with Ubuntu. About 9 months ago I bought my dreamed for so many years machine - IBM T60 It was with legal Windows XP included. I decided to git it some joy of life - install Ubuntu. Now my laptop works fine with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. After this few months with Ubuntu I cannot imagine using Windows. I am a bit scared when thinking about new LTS (don't like unity and like to have choice - gnome or something else), but I try to think positive.

Have a nice day!

Beans

Hey all Dan here, been having an affair with Ubuntu for the last week and gotta say I'm loving it. I have been playing with linux distros quite a bit over the years but nothing compares to this.
    Currently using this with Wubi as I am not confident enough to do any a dual booting with Windows 7 and gotta say I keep booting into Ubuntu more and more . I still need Windows for my tv recordings and stuff, until I find a compatible tv tuner USB that will work with Ubuntu.

I like learning new things. Loving all the terminal based commands too. I think this time around I need to learn that more as well and get familiar with it.

Regards
    Dan

Welcome to all the new folk

Beans

New to Ubuntu

Hi,

I am new to Ubuntu, and I am loving it! Despite numerous initial humps to get over, there is always a solution that involves a new learning curve. And that is one of the of the things that I really enjoy. It makes the Ubuntu experience a bit more "intimate" for the user. I also appreciate the fact that, as a free open source OS, it fosters community, and, like the name of the default desktop, unity.

So, thanks. I look forward to growing along side the Ubuntu community and the software.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: New to Ubuntu

Welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello! I am Scott. I am from Hot Springs, AR in the U.S. I am not necessarily new here, but I thought I would say hi to everyone again. I enjoy meeting new folks and working with Linux.

Scott

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Glad to have you here! If you need any help the great thing is there is a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum...one day I will be one of them...

Page 124 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast