Page 167 of 389 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello roomies. It's nice to be here. I've been here under different email accounts and usernames, but those email accounts have been closed or are no longer available.

I am still somewhat new to the dynamics of Ubuntu, but I'm getting the hang of it.

It's great to be back!

------------
    RYB
    Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi guys! I joined these forums in August, but haven't made a single post here since this weekend. I am a Brony (Rainbow Dash Baby!)and love anything MLP and Ubuntu related. I also like NASCAR (Tony Stewart(My forum name, his nickname is Smoke, and he drives the number 14 Chevy)Dale Jr and Brad K), NFL (Broncos), college football (Alabama Crimson Tide)and Ubuntu! I also love Mac, and Windows isn't that bad

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi all!
    I'm not so new at Ubuntu's community, but yep, I'm a newbie here. I like to "work" at AskUbuntu (click to see my profile there, I'm Bousie), and I also have a blog for basically talking myself.
    I've been in Linux for a year, not too much, but I wanted to explore everything since the first day... I think the first distribution I installed was Backtrack on a VM, but that was a long time ago. I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and my linux travel started there! Just two weeks after that, I installed CentOS for trying RPM.
    CentOS wasn't my ideal distro, I was a newbie and I didn't know how to add more repos. So, after a weekend, I went with Fedora 16 Verne, and discovered GNOME Shell. I liked it, but Fedora gave me lots of problems, so I forgot the "second partition of linux" and went back to Ubuntu, where I learnt to compile, program in C and more, by working on the development of an IRCd: ircuH.
    When Ubuntu 11.10 came, I just fresh installed it, and I hated it because of Unity. So I started trying other flavours... First Kubuntu, then Xubuntu. I stayed with Kubuntu until 12.04. When I installed it again, I didn't like it -dunno why! So I installed Xubuntu 12.04, and there I stayed, forgetting all the Unity troubles...
    And this August I installed Linux Mint 13 with the lovely Cinnamon. It's great! But later I gave Ubuntu 12.04 a new opportunity, and installed Ubuntu 12.04.1... A new world was there! I didn't have to use the unity-sru ppa for fixing bugs, they were fixed! So I customized it a bit, and stayed there.
    And just the last week I upgraded (well, fresh-installed) 12.10, and I'm more happy than with 12.04, in general (we'll see if I downgrade). But I miss MyUnity and Ubuntu Tweak a lot, I can't customize it now! (I'll see now if I can install them or what)
    Well, that's all. Long post, huh? I hope I have nice days here!
    PS: If you know what COMECON is, Council for Mutual Economic Assistance, Совет экономической взаимопомощи, don't think bad about me! I'm not communist or sovietic or whatever, I'm just curious, and I like the Soviet Union history, so... It was the first word that came to my head when I was choosing a nickname.
    PS 2: I'm catalan, and I saw at showgroups that there are some other catalans here like CarlesOriol or papapep, great!

Beans

Hello my name is Dan and I just switch to ubuntu. Figured where better to learn how to use and set up my new os than by joining a forum of people who already knew alot about it.

Beans

Im josh. about a year ago a friend of mine gave me a live usb ubuntu 11.04 and i primarily used it to trouble shoot and repair my windows computers. about a month ago, my laptop (HP pavilion ze 4800) was just too slow for my likings. after some research i installed lubuntu 12.04 on it, and discovered that i really liked the OS. so, about a week ago, i was so sick of windows 7 lagging on my gaming pc, that i kicked it, and installed ubuntu 12.04 lts. i've been happy with it ever since. it runs fast, its clean, smooth, and im learning code through the troubleshooting that i've had to do with my creative jukebox. still working on gnomad2 issues, but i figured out the libmtp problem with the help of the forums. im sticking with ubuntu, and im glad that i made the choice

Beans

Dear Ubuntu community! I registered in this forum because I felt the urge to express my gratitude for this amazing software, I have a terrible computer and I was looking for ways to improve the performance and then half a year ago I decided to try out Ubuntu and I was amazed. I am a person with no education whatsoever in the IT field and I managed to get used to Ubuntu in couple of days. I don't understand why people pay crazy amounts of money for software when there are all these great unix-like systems out there Cheers and take care!

Beans

Smile W'ello there...

The name's IrishSnow35, but you can call me Izzy. Happy to be here!

Just going to let you know, I'm a complete and total newbie when it comes to Linux and Ubuntu. Thought I'd chew on some Linux to get the experience under my belt. I'm a little unsure of what to expect, as I'm no programmer by any means. However, I've noticed that the kernel and the OS both have large followings, so I'm willing to try it out.

Currently, I'm experienced in both Windows and Mac systems and have intermediate computer experience. I'd be willing to help anyone with any problem concerning those systems, if I'm able to. You may drop me a PM.

I'm in school for digital effects and animation. It's a lot of fun doing that, and currently I'm working on a stop-motion short film for a class.

Hope to make a few new friends on here, so don't be shy, say hi! God bless and have a great day!

~Izzy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: W'ello there...

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSnow35 View Post
    The name's IrishSnow35, but you can call me Izzy. Happy to be here!

Just going to let you know, I'm a complete and total newbie when it comes to Linux and Ubuntu. Thought I'd chew on some Linux to get the experience under my belt. I'm a little unsure of what to expect, as I'm no programmer by any means. However, I've noticed that the kernel and the OS both have large followings, so I'm willing to try it out.

Currently, I'm experienced in both Windows and Mac systems and have intermediate computer experience. I'd be willing to help anyone with any problem concerning those systems, if I'm able to. You may drop me a PM.

I'm in school for digital effects and animation. It's a lot of fun doing that, and currently I'm working on a stop-motion short film for a class.

Hope to make a few new friends on here, so don't be shy, say hi! God bless and have a great day!

~Izzy
    Welcome!
    I hope you have a nice time here, and remember that Ubuntu isn't difficult -if you have a problem you probably may find an answer here in a few minutes!
    Catbuntu (blog)
    CPU→Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,00GHz. RAM3GB. Graphics card→NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS. O.S.→Ubuntu 14.04 «Trusty Tahr» 64 bit
    [TPI Blog | TPI GitHub ]

Beans

Introduction from a new user

I wanted to introduce myself. Just installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my macbook in a duel boot set-up with Snow Leopard. This is my first experience with Ubuntu and am happy so far. My reasoning’s are one, curiosity/try something new; and two, I'm learning python and thought I should do it in a more "programming atmosphere," if that makes sense. I've already found some great advice and answers in these forums and just wanted to say hi and thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi and welcome, threads merged

Page 167 of 389 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast