Page 98 of 389 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaires View Post
    Hi everyone, im totally new to linux i come from windows, i still have my windows partition just cause im more familiar with windows but im really liking ubuntu, i picked ubuntu out of the others distros that linux have out there cause a friend of mine uses it a lot and i really liked then and even more now that i have it, anyways im here to learn and help others too in the future, btw you will probably read a few typos everynow and then its cause my first language its spanish xD
    Welcome! Stick with it, don't let language hold you back. You 'type' pretty good English, so I don't expect you to have any problems with communication here. Theres nothing wrong with keeping Windows as a dual-boot, many users do this. Best of luck!

Beans

thanx a lot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello !

Time to introduce myself - I'm Patrick (Patch for short)

I'm an I.T technician for a large food production company currently residing in the Yorkshire Dales (UK)

Been using Ubuntu for about a year now, recently made the switch to using it as my main O/S. I've played with other Distro's in the past but find Ubuntu the best suited to my needs.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi to all the new members

Beans

Hello Everyone My name is Tom and I am a high school senior and I have been using ubuntu since 8.10. I messed around with a few other distros before settling on ubuntu (and i'm glad I did). I really want to start getting involved in the community because with out it i would most likely be stuck with windows still. I know my way around ubuntu and linux but i would really like to learn more. See you guys around in cyber space!

Beans

Hello I am new to Linux. I recently got a laptop and thought I would give Ubuntu Natty a try. Been a few weeks now and getting use to how Ubuntu works and lovin it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by playinginfinite View Post
    Hello I am new to Linux. I recently got a laptop and thought I would give Ubuntu Natty a try. Been a few weeks now and getting use to how Ubuntu works and lovin it!
    Hello playinginfinite,
    Given the volume and nature of recent changes introduced to ubuntu, feedbacks from all new users (who are absolutely new to Linux) would be very much valuable and appreciable. Accordingly, you and all the new users are most welcome to the forums and to the community . Please keep posting us of your honest feedbacks - positive or negative whatever - they'll be appreciated. And we are always eager to help with whatever problems or questions you may have. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Cheers!
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Yo. I've been using various flavors of Linux since 1997. Ubuntu has gradually become my preferred distribution as it "just works" in more situations and has a rich wiki and forum for the situations where it doesn't work out of the box.

Even though I've had a registered account here for a few years, my first post was a few days ago. I'm trying to break out of my longtime lurking habit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Also trying to break out of lurking.

After a few failed attempts of getting my 56k modem drivers working on a very early Red Hat from around 1999, I gave up on Linux 'til Spring 2010, just before Lucid came out. At the time, I'd changed programming jobs from mostly ActionScript to mostly PHP, and wanted to programme on LAMP instead of using nasty Adobe products on Windows. I was very impressed at how relatively production-ready a modern Ubuntu distro was compared to my much earlier Linux experiences, so stuck with it. And now, my entire team of seven permanent PHP programmers are all on Ubuntu!

Away from work, my Thinkpad Edge 11 now runs Xubuntu Oneiric like a dream. I can even do such advanced things as watch iPlayer fullscreen at an acceptable framerate (something that wasn't previously possible on Unity).

Beans

Hello, I'm new to the forums, not entirely new to Ubuntu, but only recently have I gotten to really work with it and get to know the ins and outs of the system. I am growing to love Ubuntu (but not so much unity), and just came to realize that I have started logging into Ubuntu more for basic web-browsing and email than Windows on this computer, it's just faster and less of a hassle. I'm mainly curious about Linux and the variations it has, and finding something that works for me personally.

I am a habitual lurker, and tend to only post if I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute (or I drank too much coffee), but I figure you'll see me around at some point.

Page 98 of 389 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast