Page 143 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Im Catherine and Im just new in this forum, hope that i'll learn more about Ubuntu
    Hello Catherine, welcome to the forum. Hope its everything you want it to be.

Glenn.

kovu is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

hello i am a new user

hi i am new to Linux 11.10 before i had windows i downgraded to win xp then i got fed up and went to Linux 10.10 maverick meercat then i went back to xp and about a year later i got fed up with that and went back to Linux overall i like Linux more but it takes time to get used to the commands and programs

i hope i will be a valued member of this community and look forward to replying and being a part of this wonderful community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: hello i am a new user

Good

But you're confusing Linux with Ubuntu.
    Linux (officially it's GNU/Linux, but it's fine either way) is the name of any OS that uses the Linux kernel.
    Such OSes are called distributions (or distros for short), Ubuntu is one of those distros.
    Ubuntu's full name is Ubuntu Linux (hint hint).
    Glad that that's cleared.

Good luck!
    "Everything that has a beginning, has an end." --an unexpectedly wise wallpaper

Beans

Hello and welcome to the forums

Threads merged.

Beans

Hi guys, I'm Scozzar. I came here looking for help regarding Ubuntu and I got it! I plan on staying and learning more about this kinda confusing OS

kovu is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Re: hello i am a new user

Quote Originally Posted by roelforg View Post
    Good

But you're confusing Linux with Ubuntu.
    Linux (officially it's GNU/Linux, but it's fine either way) is the name of any OS that uses the Linux kernel.
    Such OSes are called distributions (or distros for short), Ubuntu is one of those distros.
    Ubuntu's full name is Ubuntu Linux (hint hint).
    Glad that that's cleared.

Good luck!
    thank you for clearing that up and thank you for the warm welcome i love this community purely because its a community and not a corporation it has a helpfull and kind community

Beans

Hi (again) from Australia - Andrea is my name

I first started using Ubuntu back in the days of Warty Warthog and then the Badger....

I used to be right into computers and GNU/Linux but discovered other things in life (actually it was chasing the space shuttle's final 4 launches lol)

Mad keen mountainbiker and road cyclist, and aircraft engineer and just finding my way back to Ubuntu.

I decided to leave the fruit plantation by giving my older silver coloured laptop pro to my Mum and swaping her for a netbook.

Also running an Android phone so no need for anything other than Ubuntu - well looking more at Xubuntu now...but hopefully this place will still be the wealth of info it always was.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, back after a while away using Mint...
    raising the standard wherever required

Registered Linux User 273897

Beans

Introducing myself.

Hi Ububtu gurus

Firstly, this is my first post to these forums, so I shall briefly introduce myself.

I am a Cisco router engineer [CCNA and CCNP] and maintain a Cisco network at work. I have joined these forums because I have decided that I need to expand my knowledge into the Linux server arena. I have chosen the Ubuntu distribution for this. I am ABSOLUTE beginner at this.

My goal is to firstly become familiar with and comfortable at the Ubuntu Server CLI, for which I have found a useful introduction by Victor Gedris with his "An Introduction to the Linux Command Shell for Beginners". I have purchased a pre-owned Netbook [budget is always tight for hobbies] and got my hands onto my buddies Ubuntu Server 11.04 CD.

I have managed to install Ubuntu Server 11.04 onto the netbook, and even have it dual booting with windows 7 .

In order to learn as much as possible, I disabled all the Ethernet interfaces [eth0 and wlan0] and installed just the basic server component. The only way to UNDERSTAND how this all works is to build it manually every step of the way to see HOW and WHY it all fits together the way it does.

From there I managed to do a manual setup and configuration of eth0 by editing the interfaces file in /etc/network directory. I now have an Ubuntu server that can PING the other network devices on the network.

My next goal is to install apache from the Ubuntu server 11.04 CD.

I am sure I will have many questions. To get this far has been quite a challenge for me, but I have a working server

So, that is me.

See you all around in the forums.

Ciao.

Conlan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Introducing myself.

Threads merged......

..... and welcome

Page 143 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast