Page 92 of 389 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Well, a new (spanish) member here, coming from Mac OS for trying to bring a new life to my very loved and oldie PowerBook G4, 667 Mhz and only 256 of RAM.

I wish I have success on it!

Greetings for everybody!

Beans

Hey everyone,
    Jesse here, I have enjoyed Ubuntu since around 2007-08 on an off. I was a gamer so kept a partition of Windows around for those reasons, however a few years ago my gaming days came to an end or at least mostly. I now use Ubuntu on one PC and Windows on the other only for the purpose of Microsoft Office and school. I have enjoyed Ubuntu and enjoy checking out the new upgrades when they arrive, however my favorite would still be 10.04 LTS. Using these forums and trying to help those that are having issues and as well getting help myself has really given me the opportunity of getting to know this OS, while I continue to learn more everyday, using it. Thanks and Good Day to all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Welcome all
    Registered Linux user: #543082
    Registered Ubuntu user: #34219
    http://dvisagie.com/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    hi and welcome to the forums.

Relax, sit back and enjoy. make sure you read all the stickies in each forum, and the forum FAQ etc.

There is a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here to assist with any problems, and are all volunteers so if you do post dont RANT if no one posts an answer within 5 minutes...LOL

Welcome again and enjoy the community.
    I was about to "RANT" for one post I just opened today. But I guess I won't.... YET!

Beans

Hey everyone. New to the forum
    Want to learn more about ubuntu and linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Another ancient old chappie

thanks for posting this. I log on so infrequently and never know where to go. I'm all green beans ;( You are an inspiration!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi! My name is Cheese..Cheesenacho that is. I'm a die hard non windows user. My other box is a mac.

Beans

Hey,
    good thread idea, I'm totally new here and totally new to Ubuntu, I've installed 11.04 on my old laptop and am on the cusp of dual booting the one I'm posting this on. I've had computers around the house for many years and became suddenly aware that I basically walk around with a netbook attached to me and have no idea how computers work. I have friends who do and decided a good place to start with fixing this was with Linux, and having used Unbuntu once before I settle on it, hence what I'm doing now, I'll probably become a regular in the aforementioned absolute beginner forums during the coming months. Hello!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by heavy metal View Post
    Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico, my first experience with ubuntu and linux started in 2006 but wasn't truly converted until 2008, now I won't let linux go because it made me free from that virus called ms windows. In my island there's a lot of ubuntu users I didn't knew that before, I tought I was the only one using linux here but I was wrong, so I'm going now, have a happy linux day!
    Hey there Heavy - My wife is from Puerto Rico and I got a few members of her family to use Ubuntu.

Welcome!
    Finding New Ways to Use Ubuntu to Simplify My Digital Life.
    Linux - The Platform for a New Digital Generation.

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome all the the Ubuntu Forums... For making such an awesome decision I have decided to award everyone here with a

Page 92 of 389 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast